So is this it?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

So is this it?

Postby doxie7 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:36 am

I think I am finally starting to understand. I am 46, have never missed a period until last month, and in the last few weeks I suddenly wake up in the middle of the night and then have a lovely warm (actually hot) feeling all over. I go back to sleep and the cycle repeats in about an hour. I forget things all the time. I'm tired and just can't stay focused. Does this sound about right? :?
doxie7

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:03 pm

Doxie7, sounds like you're on the road to where we're at. Welcome to the club!
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby kazy68 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:00 pm

Hi there,

i now know that i am there i went to visit my GP this evening,gave him ALL of my symptoms(i usually skip a few lol) and he sat there and actually listened to me,then at the end he said the words "it sounds just like perimenopause to me" phew! thankyou about time i saw a GP that actually knew the word PERIMENOPAUSE,the others looked at me blank,one woman GP looked at me as though i needed a phychiatrist,and thought it was all in my mind,all this from a woman,arent women supposed to be intouch with all this,oh well,the dr asked me if i wanted HRT,to wich i replied no thankyou so he told me get some herbal pills called menocalm,so i will be fetching them tomorow and i will take it from there and see how it goes,i have to go back to see him in 2 months,i will keep you posted on how they work for me,
forgive me now - tomorrow i may no longer feel guilty.
kazy68
Combustible

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:22 pm

kazy68 wrote:Hi there,

i now know that i am there i went to visit my GP this evening,gave him ALL of my symptoms(i usually skip a few lol) and he sat there and actually listened to me,then at the end he said the words "it sounds just like perimenopause to me" phew! thankyou about time i saw a GP that actually knew the word PERIMENOPAUSE,,
:shock: and I see you're in the WM like me...however it's a big place...huge...(in the U.S. this might not seem true but it is :D )
would you mind pm'img me with where you are?
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause