Does ANYONE have chills INSTEAD of hot flashes???

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Re: Does ANYONE have chills INSTEAD of hot flashes???

Postby KayB » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:48 pm

Last year I'd have what I referred to as night chills. I'd wake up freezing--I would be perfectly dry, just cold, and I'd have to pile on the covers to feel warm. Once it was over I'd fall asleep and wake up feeling like I'd sweat a whole lot. After the first one or two it occurred to me that it was exactly like what happened after the births of my three oldest children, now all in their 20's: I'd be home from the hospital a day or two and would get these chills. I now know this was due to flucuating hormone levels..
KayB
Combustible

Postby Welsh girl » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:43 pm

Thanks for replying everyone. It will be interesting to see if I still get these cold flashes in the summer (if we have one in sunny wales). It's just so odd coming out in these goosebumps and shivers all the time. There is underactive thyroid in my family but my dr says mine is fine.....who knows.
Welsh girl
Warm Pauzer

Postby notreadyyet » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:08 am

I get cold chills on certain days preceding my periods. I think what happens is the blood sugar is affected by the hormones, at least in my case. I am not diabetic but I have sensitivities to climbs and drops in blood sugar. Cold chills and shaking are both a symptom I have gotten this past year. Shaking like a bowl of jelly, even though all is fine... .
notreadyyet

Postby kazy68 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:36 pm

Dont know if this is the right place for this post but i will give it a go,

I do have chills, quite a bit sometimes, but just recently i have been cold but feeling warm in the chest and upper arm area it goes no further than there but just sits there warm on my chest and arms, does anyone else have this, is it a kind of flush/flash or is it just me, occasionaly it will travel up my neck but not all the time, is this normal,dont know why but some new symptoms cropping up and i get freaked out about them, i have got to try and relax and not panic or it will make things worse,

any advice would be a great help,
thanks
Karen
xx
forgive me now - tomorrow i may no longer feel guilty.
kazy68
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:16 pm

kazy, my sister's ears used to get red when she was having a hot flash...just her ears. She could never figure out how we knew she was having one. LOL I created this cartoon because of her:

One thing you might do is print out a list of the symptoms and make notes about any that you may have already experienced and kind of be prepared for some of the others....look up each one here on the board or in a search engine. The idea is to be so educated about them so you're not surprised when "strange" things start to happen. Knowledge is power and there's strength in numbers, so that's why it's a good idea for all of us to stick together, share our experiences and support each other!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby kazy68 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:27 pm

Thanks Dee will do that, i have been here a while but not yet found my way through this FAB site, i do not know what i would do without you :D :D :D :D :D :D

Karen
xx
forgive me now - tomorrow i may no longer feel guilty.
kazy68
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:52 pm

Here's the page to print the symptoms: http://www.minniepauz.com/printsymptoms.html
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Laura26 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:13 pm

So glad it's not just me. I don't have chills but I'm cold all of the time, right through to the bone. I wear so many clothes in the house I'm embarrassed to answer the door.

And yet, as soon as the temperature goes above 65 in the spring, I'm straight into the shade.

It's almost like my thermostat has gone.

Laura Essendine
Author – The Accidental Guru
The Books Limited Blogspot
Laura26

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause