Desperate for help

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Desperate for help

Postby laurianne78 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:30 pm

Hi everyone - I just found this site today and its a godsend! I am 47, soon to be 48. I have thought I have been going thru peri menopause symptoms for about a year now. My periods are heavier, bad PMS, breast tenderness, and recently anxiety. The anxiety is pretty bad. I will wake up with it in the morning and it lasts for about a week straight, 24 hours a day without relief. Its flucutates but usually occurs a week after my period. My Dr prescribed lexapro and it made anxiety alot worse, I could not tolerate the symptoms after 2 days and stopped medication. I was then prescribed xanax. Xanax will usually work the first day or two but after that it does not help, I am on a very low dose (.25)but am hesitant to increase tp .50 since the tolerance built so quickly. I have a prescrption for Efflexor but am petrified to take it since it says it may increase blood pressure ( i take pills for that) or may cause increased anxiety. Can anyone advise what has helped them and if they have had the same experience with anxiety lasting for a week or so straight without relief?
laurianne78

Re: Desperate for help

Postby minniepauz » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:00 pm

Did you post this to Dr. Judy's thread? She doesn't have time to read the posts outside of her section and I'm sure she'll have some thoughts for you.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause