New on this site, have a question.

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

New on this site, have a question.

Postby Lucia » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:43 pm

Hi, I'm new on this site and also new to this wonderful menopause journey we are all going through. I am 48 years old and I'm pretty sure I'm going through peri menopause, lately for the past two weeks actually, I have been getting night sweats about 4 times during the night and also just not feeling regular, moody, irritable on and off ... I'm basically a very happy person with two wonderful kids. My main concern is that I have now had my period for about two weeks! just wondering if this may be normal when you hit my age... my periods have been a bit irregular sometimes they come a week early or a week late, sometimes they are heavy sometimes they are not, but it's never lasted this long, it's not heavy, just a pad a day but it's still there!
Three years ago I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids although they are very small, I haven't really had any problems with it maybe heavy periods but that's it. So, I don't know if it could be the fibroids or me going through my change.
Any support would be welcomed!
Lucia

Re: New on this site, have a question.

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:01 am

sweats, moodswings .... hmmm, sounds like we should all be singing "Welcome to the Club"! Sounds to me like you've started pero- but I'm no expert, although this is exactly how it all went for me. I've no experience of fibroids so don't know how this would affect you - others may answer - but for me my normally light-and-regular-as-clockwork periods went out of the window and heavy and irregular bleedings were the order of the day.
Don't want to put you off! You'll get lots of support on this site - MinniePauz has kept me sane on many an occasion when I thought I was going bonkers, or when I was worried about a symptom, or something strange happening in my body. The mood swings are a bit of a bummer and they've perturbed me the most but there's good humour on this site to defuse it.
Anyway, welcome on board. I'm sure you'll get a lot of good answers and help from everyone here. :D
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby Lucia » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:37 pm

Thank you so much for your reply... it's good to know that I'm not alone with this!
Lucia

Postby minniepauz » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:08 pm

Lucia...you probably ARE starting with the change, the irregular periods are the first sign, but with the previous diagnosis of fibroids and your age, it would probably be a good idea to be checked by the doctor so there's a record of this is when you started.

It does help to know you're not alone and now you know!! Welcome!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause