I'm So Disappointed!!!!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

I'm So Disappointed!!!!

Postby jeannie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:44 am

Thought I was finally finished with my monthly visitor but guess who shows up this morning after 5 months!!!???!!!! Darn it. I'm so ready for this to be over with!!! :yuck: Okay. Now I feel better. :lol: :lol:
jeannie
Warm Pauzer

Re: I'm So Disappointed!!!!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:32 am

Darn!! Hate when that happens!! :( Well, that's why we're always saying to expect the unexpected! Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end, huh?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby gracious granny » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi Jeannie,
I understand, because every one of the last 10 1/2 months since my last one I have just known that I was going to have another and have to start counting ALL over again. I think I will scream and pull my hair out if that happens to me :cry: . Before this I had skipped a month now and then, had periods that were only a spot or 2. This went on from around 42 (48 now) Then in Jan. 2007 they really started to say bye-bye. I had 2 in Jan. 1 in Feb., nothing at all again until May and now nothing since then.
Maybe this is really the beginning of the end for you. Hang in there. G.G.
" Lifes a dance you learn as you go"..............
gracious granny
Combustible

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:35 am

Gracious Granny, did your mom finish early, or do you know another reason why you have?

By the way, I LOVE your 'signature.' :D
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby jeannie » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:08 am

I'm 53 and have been having weird periods for the last year or two. My sister, who is 57, just stopped having them at age 50. I was so hoping that would happen for me, too, but I guess not. Oh well..everyone is different. Maybe I won't have another one after this one... :wink:
jeannie
Warm Pauzer

Postby gracious granny » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:18 pm

Hi Seventeen,
To answer your question..my Mom went through menopause around 50 BUT she did not start to have her periods until she was almost 15!
I was 10 1/2 when I had my first period and so was my daughter. I figured that may have something to do with it. My ovaries just got worn out earlier!! I also had a tubal ligation when I was 21 and I have picked up tidbits of info over the years that may cause menopause to come on a little earlier. Don't know if its true or not.
All I know is that with time out for pregnancy I was always like clockwork. You know how you hear of women who will say that illness or stress or something like that would throw their cycle off. NOT ME!! No matter what was going on in my life it was there every month, right on time. Then when I was around 41-42 they just started changing. They were always really heavy and that started to lessen, and the times between started to get longer, sometimes skip a month all together. Then months at a time when they would be regular again. And then finally last May was the last one. I really do hope this is the end!!
Oh!! and thats not just my signature, sometimes thats really how I feel :wink:
" Lifes a dance you learn as you go"..............
gracious granny
Combustible

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:33 am

I'm 8 months now without a period and, fingers crossed !!!!! It's just such a shame that last year (in the middle of a non-stop period) I went to the local discount store and bought a job-lot of sanitary towels at a special promotion, enough to last me a year and, guess what, they are in the cupboard gathering dust. Not the kind of thing you can put on Ebay, is it?
GraciousGranny - I just LOVE your sign-off about your brain taking off. That cracks me up. Gosh, don't we all need a good laugh now and again at this time of life.
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby Kathie in FL » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Mine showed up after almost 12 months. I had one more week to go and then WHAM! I spent lunch with a friend who had her period and she jinxed me!!!

I did a lot of ranting and raving yesterday and a little bit of cussing too! :banghead:

I didn't even throw out all my tampons/pads since I didn't want to jinx it, all to no avail!
Kathie in FL

Postby jeannie » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:08 am

Now that would just really piss me off!!!! I had only gone 5 months, but to be right at the 12 month mark ....you're right... :banghead: :banghead: One thing I've figured out, though. Ya gotta have a sense of humor with all this. If you don't it'll make you nuts!!!! :mrgreen:
jeannie
Warm Pauzer

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:27 am

Well two weeks ago, after reaching the 8 month mark (and putting a post on this message thread), guess what came to visit me again!!! Yep, woke up and there was the dreaded monthly visitor, back with a vengeance and lasting several days. So back to counting from day 1 again. Guess I spoke too soon ...
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:46 am

Have you ever noticed the tag line at the top of my newsletter? :)
http://www.minniepauz.com/menopause-news-apr08.html
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby jeannie » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:03 pm

Yeah, I noticed that and I totally agree!!! :lol:
jeannie
Warm Pauzer

Postby getnthere » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Y'all are scaring me! I missed my first period last Sept, had one in Oct, skipped until Feb and have been period free since then. I experienced fairly mild hot flashes but lately the flashes have diminished and my nipples have become sore so I'm afraid that I'm about to get "the Visitor" again! Yikes! I better get my supply back out, huh? :?
getnthere

Postby minniepauz » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:46 pm

One thing you might experience is "ghost periods". Another lovely peri-menopause thing where you have all the symptoms of a period, but you don't have one.

Don't be scared...just be prepared!

Hey, that should be our new slogan, especially for everyone just starting out! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby ladydebubba » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:44 pm

Well, I am in this game with them also, I've had only two periods since early February, and both of them around two months apart, and if I skip this month I won't mind either.
Lisa DOB:1960
Peri,
fibroids,
low grade cervical dysplasia (cryotherapy done Dec. 21st) (cured as of June 27th, 2009)
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause