How many ladies get indigestion as part of meno symptoms??

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

How many ladies get indigestion as part of meno symptoms??

Postby warminspringsun » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:50 am

Hi

I just wondered how many ladies get indigestion and or nausea (a bit like morning sickness) as part of the menopause package.

It is not there all the time but tends to come and go quite a bit, and I'm having it much more than usual since being surgically menopausal.

I have had issues with HRT and liver function, but have been off the HRT for 4 months now.

Thanks

Warminspringsun x
Born 1961
surgically menopausal due to endometriosis
warminspringsun
On Fire!

Re: How many ladies get indigestion as part of meno symptoms??

Postby danmia » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:02 am

Oh boy, yes indigestion, heartburn, nausea, gas, IBS, loads of stomach problems. Drives me nuts. I seem to have the morning sickness thing quite a bit and I'm sure it's more and more common with menopause than people realise. I also find if I dont eat properly it is much worse, having that gnawing empty feeling all the time which then turns to nausea so then you don't feel like eating anyway. I also wonder if low blood sugar happens more in menopause too. Just to say you're not alone, and it seems to be yet another misery of menopause.
Hope you feel good today
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby warminspringsun » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:17 pm

Hi

do your stomach problems come and go??? I can sometimes have as long as two weeks where it feels ok and then comes back. Today has been better than yesterday so far, just a bit of heartburn and indigestion tonight.

Are you having any tests for this problem? I am having a scan to check my gallbladder and liver next week, but I really don't think its anything serious as Its not all the time and I'm gaining weight :o not losing it.

Hope you are ok today too

Warminspringsun x
Born 1961
warminspringsun
On Fire!

Postby danmia » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:14 pm

Yes they do, I have a couple of weeks where it doesn't bother me one bit, then it comes back again for no reason. I am taking Prilosec and that helps with the heartburn and indigestion. But the nausea and empty feeling aka morning sickness general yukky nothing seems to help, I just have to wait it out, usually two to three days and then its gone again. It's a mystery to me, every time I think finally it's gone, it comes back to haunt me. I also have IBS but that has in fact improved a lot since I have taken the Prilosec, which is weird. I also have bad cramps with gas too, they are killer. I read on another menopause board about lots of other women with exactly the same problems. I guess it's just another symptom to go through. I had one point last year, where I had a headache solidly every single day for two months, that was horrendous and when that went the stomach problem kicked in. Doubt they have anything to do with one another other than menopause though.....sigh........hope you have a great night without too much pain or discomfort.
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:54 am

can I be the only one who dares to mention the F word .... farting? Yep, my stomach seems to have gone a bit crazy in the last few months and I haven't really changed my diet very much, just added a lot of soya and fresh fruit to my daily intake but, for some reason, I get some occasional nausea (especially after eating eggs !!). However, whatever is going into my tum is churning around and, er, making itself known rather wildly and loudly! Breaking wind is an unpleasant thing to discuss but, heck, it happens to all of us but especially to me. I'm taking care to chew my food well so I'm not taking in too much air but there must be something that is disagreeing with my stomach which is giving me a real gas problem !
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:58 am

warminspringsun wrote:Hi

I just wondered how many ladies get indigestion and or nausea (a bit like morning sickness) ...

I've been getting it the last few mornings...a mildish form of indigestion that is like nausea, and an empty feeling in the upper stomach...
it's only when I have toast that it's alleviated...
I'm not a person that has been bothered by indigestion in the past, until the last few months.

I am mid-cycle (if that helps anyone), and I think I still ovulate a bit, judging from the muscous/discharge.

I've also had a feeling in my lower stomach for much of yesterday (and is still here now a bit), of something like painful constipation, even though I've ate heathily and had fibre and 'been' a couple of times yesterday.

But I have been getting pains and tiredness and dragging at (what must be) ovulation for some months now...but not like 'constipation' before.
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:13 am

minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:29 am

HA HA HA HA !!!!! Yep, that's me alright !!!!!
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby danmia » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:37 am

Seventeen_At_Heart wrote:
warminspringsun wrote:Hi

I just wondered how many ladies get indigestion and or nausea (a bit like morning sickness) ...

I've been getting it the last few mornings...a mildish form of indigestion that is like nausea, and an empty feeling in the upper stomach...
it's only when I have toast that it's alleviated...
I'm not a person that has been bothered by indigestion in the past, until the last few months.

I am mid-cycle (if that helps anyone), and I think I still ovulate a bit, judging from the muscous/discharge.

I've also had a feeling in my lower stomach for much of yesterday (and is still here now a bit), of something like painful constipation, even though I've ate heathily and had fibre and 'been' a couple of times yesterday.

But I have been getting pains and tiredness and dragging at (what must be) ovulation for some months now...but not like 'constipation' before.

Yes yes all this, and more I am so pleased to find so many ladies with the same problems. sorry you have it too of course but a great weight off my mind because I really thought I was going crazy or dying or something !!!!
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby danmia » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:39 am

gorgeousfluffpot wrote:can I be the only one who dares to mention the F word .... farting? Yep, my stomach seems to have gone a bit crazy in the last few months and I haven't really changed my diet very much, just added a lot of soya and fresh fruit to my daily intake but, for some reason, I get some occasional nausea (especially after eating eggs !!). However, whatever is going into my tum is churning around and, er, making itself known rather wildly and loudly! Breaking wind is an unpleasant thing to discuss but, heck, it happens to all of us but especially to me. I'm taking care to chew my food well so I'm not taking in too much air but there must be something that is disagreeing with my stomach which is giving me a real gas problem !

Oh yeah i can relate to this one, sometimes it's so bad I am in agony until I fart..........:( sometimes it's pretty horrible to be near me, god bless 3 dogs as scapegoats........:)
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby warminspringsun » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Hi

I am so glad its not just me. (that sounds really horrible as I don't want anyone else to have this but at least I know I'm not mad or imagining it) It is such a nuisance, somedays (like today) I feel really poorly.

I had my grandaughter (aged 2) overnight last night so I feel really exhausted as well as sick/hungry/indigestion all day today :banghead:

Somedays I feel like Princess Fiona off Shrek, (with the burping)

Warminspringsun x
Born 1961
warminspringsun
On Fire!

Postby danmia » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:46 pm

Hehehe nice analogy, I'm sorry you are having a bad day. My empty feeling has been gone for two days now so that's great. I am constipated again but I can live with that. I do have indigestion however today you know that kind where it's like trapped gas and you breathe in and it's like a stitch. You are definitely not alone, I think a lot of us are suffering with the digestion problems. I am sooooo coming back as a guy in the next life!!!! Feel better soon. Get some rest if you can, naps are my favorite hobby since menopause.
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby warminspringsun » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:53 pm

Hi Danmia

Thanks for your replies and support.

I have been really lazy this afternoon, just lounged around on the sofa. Heres hoping we are both 'normal' tommorrow.

Whats the weather like in Maine?? It is really cold here and doesn't feel like easter at all, even saw some sleet this afternoon :shock:

Warminspringsun x
Born 1961
warminspringsun
On Fire!

Postby danmia » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:16 pm

Today is very windy and well below freezing but the sun is out, we still have 6 foot snowbanks in our yard though and you can't see the road at all. Spring is going to be really late this year here I think....... :roll:

Have a great feeling good evening!!!!
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:50 pm

warminspringsun wrote:It is really cold here and doesn't feel like easter at all, even saw some sleet this afternoon :shock:
we had snow here in B'ham (U.K.) earlier today, and the weather forecast for tomorrow is snow and cold.

I think the Midlands are expecting it more than you down south, which is only fair with the battering the south got from the storms recently.

funny Easter Sunday though :shock:
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause