Sciatica??

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Sciatica??

Postby shae8230 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:36 pm

I have been having a really bad burning pain in the back of my leg for a while now. It comes and goes. The last time it stayed for 3 days. I have never had sciatica before. Not even with my pregnancy. Can menopause cause sciatica? It is almost unbearable at times.

Thanks,
Sherry
shae8230

Re: Sciatica??

Postby minniepauz » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:31 am

No, hormones don't have anything to do with it. Here's a list of possible causes. Have you seen your doctor? Personally, I would go to a chiropractor, but some people don't believe in them.

Following is a list of causes or underlying conditions (see also Misdiagnosis of underlying causes of Sciatica) that could possibly cause Sciatica includes:
Herniated disc - a common cause of sciatica
Exertion
Twisting back
Obesity
Poor posture (see Posture symptoms)
Ankylosing spondylitis
Spinal tumor
Spinal abscess
Pressure on the sciatic nerve
Pressure on the spinal junction of the sciatic nerve
Diabetic neuropathy
Alcoholism
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/s/sciatica/causes.htm
minniepauz
Site Admin

Re: Sciatica??

Postby FilleFrançaise » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:13 am

I absolutely agree with Dee!
I've had sciatica for years due to herniated discs and lumbar problems. Definitely go see a doctor. You may have a back problem that can be helped if you take care of it now. You'll probably need an x-ray and maybe a scan to see if there is a hernia. But again, talk to your doctor before you go see any other health professional (osteopath, chiropractor, etc.), as they may do you more harm than good.
Good luck, Fille
FilleFrançaise
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause