FSH test/other tests

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

FSH test/other tests

Postby Bambi » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:40 pm

I think I put this in the wrong category earlier today so moved it here...

I had missed what I thought would be 3 periods so scheduled dr. appt. to have FSH levels tested by blood test. Note that I'd taken 3 over the counter tests in the last 4 months and two were negative, one positive. Had been having phantom cramps each month I missed the regular time. Well today I started so looks like I only officially missed 2 periods even though this one is late (plus 2 last year).

All of this indicates peri still (49 y/o) so I want to keep my dr. appt. Question is since the OTC tests fluctuate and apparently my hormones are pretty wacky will the fact that I will be having a period screw with the results of any of the bloodtests?

I wanted to do an FSH test as well as one to check estrogen levels, etc. (since I have the fibroid). What about the CA125 (I think that's what it's called)? My sister is a uterine cancer survivor but both my mom and sis had total hysterectomies (mom in late 30s, sister 40s). I think my mother's was due to fibroids. Regardless, they pulled everything out earlier than I am now.

Bambi
Bambi
Hot Pauzer

Re: FSH test/other tests

Postby warminspringsun » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi

I don't think it will make a lot of difference to the FSH test, I know you have to have it done on the 3rd day of your period, or anytime if you are not having any periods.

Warminspringsun x
Born 1961
surgically menopausal due to endometriosis
warminspringsun
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause