New symptoms

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

New symptoms

Postby friend.jeanie » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:59 am

friend.jeanie Post subject: Re: Your ProfilePosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:20 pm

Warm Pauzer

Location: Southern KY I know that I'm kind of hogging this link right now, sorry. But I have so much to ask and share and don't really know where to go to share it. Last Saturday I was having some real problems. I got extremelly hot and my heart seemed to be pounding out of my chest. I took my temp. and it was 99.4 (not high enough for as warm as I felt). I was hurting in my left shoulder and in my back. I called my sister-in-law and ask her to take me to the hospital. In the mean time I took aspirin. I was sure that I was having a heart atack (although I've never had any problem with my heart). It took us 20 minutes to get to the hospital. When they called me back and took my temp. it was 97.0. My blood pressure was 80/50, and my heart wasn't pounding like before but I felt like I had a bubble in my chest. I was clammy and I was still as red as a beet. I sat at the hospital for 4 hours. They ran NO test on me. When the nurse pract. called me back she ask what I was doing there. I told her that I thought that I might be having a heart atack. She told me that I was simply hormonal and needed to go home and take a nap. On another day I may have been tempted to tear her face off. She said I should go to my regular doctor on Monday and get information on perimenopause. I've known that I'm peri for a couple of years. After reading on this site I guess I've been peri for about 5 years. Anyway, The doctor ran some test, and said that I have another kidney infection (everytime I go to the doctor now I have a kidney infecton). No comment on my chest discomfort. The doctor didn't have any information on perimenopause. He suggested that I check the internet. I'm so glad that I did because that's how I found you. I'm still concerned that something else is wrong with me though. I'm scared to stay alone now. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Am I just being hormonal? Should I see another doctor? I live in a small town. There are no GYN's within an hour drive.

friend.jeanie
Hot Pauzer

Re: New symptoms

Postby friend.jeanie » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:03 am

friend.jeanie Post subject: Re: Your ProfilePosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:10 pm

Warm Pauzer

Location: Southern KY that's really low, not being rude, but for an 'older' person... (average, at average age, is 120/70).
Were you losing blood from somewhere?

Yes, My blood pressure was really low. It runs about 120/80. The only other time that it was that low was during natural child birth. Doctor said then that some women have a drop during pain and stress. Yes, I was dizzy when my blood pressure was low. And yes I depend on my husband alot (even though he isn't home much). We've been married for almost 27 years. We've had some good ones and some that I'ld rather forget. But we both promised for better or worse (now he's getting some of the worse). I don't know if I've lost any blood. Nobody has tested for that. My pressure at the doctors office was 118/76. Temp was 98.8. My oxygen was low at the doctors office too. Nothing was said about that either. Just don't know what to do.

friend.jeanie
Hot Pauzer

Postby friend.jeanie » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:07 am

friend.jeanie Post subject: Re: Your ProfilePosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:23 am

Warm Pauzer

Location: Southern KY I went to my doctor on Monday, after the thing at the hospital last Saturday and voiced my concern. I kind of feel like I was poo-pooed at the doctor's office too. I don't know that calling would do any good at this point.
Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better... friend.jeanie
friend.jeanie
Hot Pauzer

Postby friend.jeanie » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:09 am

friend.jeanie Post subject: Re: Your ProfilePosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:39 pm

Warm Pauzer

Location: Southern KY I went to the doctor yesterday. I was having a bad day. Bad hot flashes, rapid heartbeat, anxiety attack, etc. My doctor wasn’t in and so I saw another doctor.(Probable the best thing that could have happened.) She was wonderful. She talked to me for at least 45 minutes. I blurted out everything, including the incident at the hospital. The doctor knows the nurse practioner who I saw and said that there have been a lot of complaints about her. She would add another. The doctor said that this nurse pract. has no bed side manner. She doesn’t suffer from any PMS symptoms and thinks that women exaggerate problems when they report them to her. Doctor said she should have at least checked to find out why my BP and temp. were so low. The doctor and I talked at length about my problems (I brought my list of 35 symptoms in with me). We agreed that I had 30 of the 35 systems and she ran lost of test. I still have a kidney infection so she changed my antibiotic. Unlike some of the rest of you I have had a weight loss of 25 lb. in the last few months. (Believe me it didn't hurt me one bit.) I have bouts of diarrhea 3-4 days each week. Doctor tested my stool and found blood in it. More tests are to follow. She gave me an anti-depressant and something I can take when I have an anxiety attack. We talked about coffee, chocolate, smoking, and exercise. We talked about black cohosh, omega 3, wild yam, and vitamins. I don’t want to take hormone replacement because my mother developed breast cancer soon after she started taking it. (And I’m a smoker to boot.) I’m having a good day today (My family is so happy about that!)!!!! Thank you ladies for encouraging me. I don't know if I could have done what I did yesterday without your help (and a bit of of overactive hormones).
friend.jeanie
Hot Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:27 pm

That's super jeanie...thanks! Again, I'm so glad to see things going your way. Hopefully you'll be in "balance" with it all very soon! I'm curious to hear how you felt the list of symptoms helped you. Could you explain? :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby friend.jeanie » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:15 pm

Minnie, the list of symptims helped me understand that I wasn't the only one going through these things. It helped me understand that I wasn't losing my mind (I'm not crazy). I thought I might be a hypochondriac. I was thinking the very worst of everything. I thought I must have some kind of weird disease that affected my mind, my mood, crashing fatigue, body aches, my joints, and bouts with restless leg syndrone, and maybe a heart attack, Before I found this site all I knew about menopause was that your periods slowly stop and sometimes you have a couple of hot flashes a couple of time a month. I guess I've been too sheltered. P.S. Would you go ahead and deleat the other things for me (I can't figure out how). Thank you.
friend.jeanie
Hot Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause