Mirgraines-the lack of

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Mirgraines-the lack of

Postby Kathie in FL » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:45 pm

I am not complaining, because I don't miss migraines one teeny tiny bit. The one really nice thing of perimenopause has been the lessening almost disappearance of my monthly migraines. That has been heaven.

So what is it that makes that happen? The lessening of estrogen? I also had no migraines during my pregnancies.

I don't want them to come back so how do I keep them from coming back? I won't take hormones for sure. Has anyones come back when their hormones level out? That is if they do level out once in full blown menopause. My mother, at 71, seems to have set the pattern for me. Hers lessened with menopause and then came back, but NOT as bad.

And I have been perimenopausal for about 2 1/2 years that I know of. Right now I am in a good place-hardly any hot flashes but just have had my period after 11 months without!! I should have guessed, the decreasing hot flashes coincided with having a period.

I'd rather have hot flashes!
Kathie in FL

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause