Periods re-started and I feel normal again!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Re: Periods re-started and I feel normal again!

Postby getnthere » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:13 pm

Hi all. It's been awhile since I've been on here but this thread hit the nail on the head where I'm concerned. SInce last September I've been skipping two or three months of having periods then I'll have a couple in a row. Never know what to expect. I do feel better although I'd rather not have the periods. But I have stopped having hot flashes and my moods are more stable, as far as hormones go anyway.

My husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about a month ago so my moods haven't been that stable lately because of that.

So, I'm not only on a hormonal roller coaster I'm also on an emotional and spiritual roller coaster as well.

I would appreciate the thoughts and prayers of my Sister Sometimers
getnthere

Postby minniepauz » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:55 pm

You absolutely have our prayers and wishes for a full recovery.....I can't even imagine how you would remain calm and "in balance" with this hovering over you both. Big hugs and positive thoughts coming your way!! Keep us informed!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby marialenad » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:40 pm

:banghead: Well, I'm 53 (new here) and went ALMOST a year and guess what...a light period in June, then in July a normal period.grrrrrrrrr!!!! But I actually FELT better after the July period. I really thought I was done, given my age and amount of time w/o period. I'm still hot flashing, still spacey and have all the regular sypmtoms. :(
Marialena

gorgeousfluffpot wrote:I have spent about three years in a peri-menopausal yo-yo of spotting, flooding, weepy moments, grumpy moments, anxiety and the rest and then, in August of last year my periods finally stopped. Hooray!!! But the emotional symptoms kicked in worse ... lots of insomnia, worry, feelings of doom and gloom and indecision.
Anyway last month, after an eight-month gap, I had a period which really surprised me as I thought they were dead and gone away. OK, that's probably some kind of hiccup in the plumbing system, I thought. But now, exactly a month later, here I am again with another period! The weirdest thing is, though, that I feel very well and the emotional stuff just isn't there any more. In fact, I feel normal !!!
Now I can't explain why I had an eight-month gap nor why I am having periods again. It's too difficult for my pea-brain to try and get around. But whatever hormones have been sloshing around seem to have now settled down - my brain seems clearer, my logic and decisiveness have returned. Is this what oestrogen does for you? If so, then I would might consider getting HRT because this, to me, is a conclusive proof that my hormones have been really messing with my head as well as my body!
marialenad

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause