Breathless

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Breathless

Postby Welsh girl » Tue May 13, 2008 1:49 pm

Hi Ladies,

As always I turn to the minniepauz for an answer! recently I have been feeling as though I am not getting enough oxygen. when this happens I have to take a really deep fulfilling breath. At first this was happening every few days, now it seems like every few minutes. I'm not sure if I am breathing really shallow inbetween which is makeing me gasp for a breath. Is this another symptom? If any of you ladies also have a thyroid problem as well and have experienced this please let me know. I don't whether this is a peri symptom or a thyroid symptom. Thank you so much xxx
Welsh girl
Warm Pauzer

Re: Breathless

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Tue May 20, 2008 3:29 pm

yes, I am hypothyroid and get that too...
worse in the last few years...I'm 48.

for me it's like everything is such an effort and I feel really slowed down and find it hard to do anything...even my breathing - if that makes sense.

if it's every few minutes for you, maybe you should see a doctor though...as it could be a sign of various things from what I've read.

I don't whether this is a peri symptom or a thyroid symptom
that's the problem, isn't it? There are so many similarities and overlaps. :(
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby susanj » Tue May 20, 2008 3:56 pm

I have felt this way for several years now! I have to take an extra breath constantly. I have never smoked, my thyroid is fine and my heart is fine. I have had blood work plus heart tests. I have only recently begun to think that it might be menopause related, now after reading your post, I feel better and less crazy!
susanj
On Fire!

Postby saracat » Thu May 22, 2008 12:11 pm

Get checked for asthma! Mine developed at 45. It's very common for women to develop asthma while in their 40's. I haven't found out why yet.

Sue
saracat
Warm Pauzer

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Thu May 22, 2008 2:34 pm

I know I seem to have a kind of hayfever in the last 2 or 3 years...either that or I've got a permanent cold (itchy eyes, cloggy throat and nose and sneezes), during the pollen seasons (like now :( )

(just thinking - there is a connection between asthma and hayfever I think).
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby saracat » Thu May 22, 2008 7:23 pm

Yep, I was diagnosed with allergies also. The only good thing is that I don't get a cold every season now.

Sue
saracat
Warm Pauzer

Postby psexypsychic » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:00 pm

saracat wrote:Get checked for asthma! Mine developed at 45. It's very common for women to develop asthma while in their 40's. I haven't found out why yet.

Sue

I was diagnosed with asthma in my early 30s. And of course, my allergies can make the breathing thing happen.

Also, if you DO have asthma or allergies and already know it- and are on blood pressure medication- see if that has anything to do with the breathing. After having been on Atenenol (sp?) for years and having it work splendidly for the blood pressure- it turned out to be bad for my asthma. I was told, quite simply, it was a "smooth muscle relaxer" and it was causing my bronchial tubes to "relax" too much.

I'm now on a different BP med, which doesn't cause my asthma to kick up.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause