Estrogen Dominance

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Estrogen Dominance

Postby Bambi » Fri May 23, 2008 11:37 am

After throwing a fit I finally got one of my doctors to do a hormone test. My gyno only would do the FSH saying that hormones fluctuate too much and testing would be unrealiable. My internist finally caved and did it even though he first told me no - that I had to go back to gyno and ask for.

Have a meeting with a different gyno next week and wondering how I should be prepared to discuss.

Estradiol was 616 and high end of the range is 400 to compare to.

LH 2.5

Progesterone 2.68

FSH 4.0

I had started bio-identical progesterone about 7 days prior (for the first time, getting it from a local compounding pharm). It had already helped the EXCRUCIATING symptoms of breast pain I'd been having for prior 2 mos. Pain and changes that had caused me to see 3 different drs. (including a breast surgeon and getting an interim mammo and 2 breast ultrasounds).

I do have a large fibroid (discovered in Oct.) so I am hoping they will schedule an interim ultrasound for that - the gyno consultation for this problem in April blew me off and said no need to check it again until Oct. this year (1 yr. anniv. of finding).

Regardless, I am wondering if anyone has done anything medically to try to bring down the estrogen. I still have pain and obviously with 616 it needs to come down. The pharmacist said she might suggest birth control pills and of course there are other meds like tamoxifen but it has side effects. I'm also not sure if 616 is high or considered "really" high.
Bambi
Hot Pauzer

Re: Estrogen Dominance

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Wed May 28, 2008 3:23 pm

Bambi wrote:...

I had started bio-identical progesterone about 7 days prior (for the first time, getting it from a local compounding pharm). It had already helped the EXCRUCIATING symptoms of breast pain I'd been having for prior 2 mos. Pain and changes that had caused me to see 3 different drs. (including a breast surgeon and getting an interim mammo and 2 breast ultrasounds).

I do have a large fibroid (discovered in Oct.) so I am hoping they will schedule an interim ultrasound for that - the gyno consultation for this problem in April blew me off and said no need to check it again until Oct. this year (1 yr. anniv. of finding).

Regardless, I am wondering if anyone has done anything medically to try to bring down the estrogen.

I don't know if it actually ''brings down'' the estrogen/oestrogen..
i think, [but I am still learning], the need is to balance it with progesterone.

I know, quite strongly, that natural progesterone cream has got my cycle back on track (see my thread about the detail).

I still have pain and obviously with 616 it needs to come down. The pharmacist said she might suggest birth control pills and of course there are other meds like tamoxifen but it has side effects.
trouble is 'birth control pills' usually have oestrogen in... LOL...unless they are 'progesterone only' (mini-pill) [which I took for a while a couple of weeks after my first child], as me and hubbie were still very passionate lol...
but, even then, it will not be natural progesterone, and it will be orally ingested having to go through the liver.

It had already helped the EXCRUCIATING symptoms of breast pain I'd been having ...
I was getting some, sometimes, not excruxiating, but quite uncomfortable...but that has now gone...

one of the main places I rub in the p. cream is my breasts, as that is accessible and fatty...as you have to rub it in fatty places...but rotate...[so stomach, upper inner arms and inner thighs and stomach are the other places]
I know my breasts are too large because of oestrogen dominance, but cannot prove this.
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause