HOT FLASHES FOR 8 YEARS??????

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

HOT FLASHES FOR 8 YEARS??????

Postby effie_debbie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:39 pm

I have been having hot serious flashes for the last 8 years and now night sweats the past couple of years, my doctor took blood and she says that I'm not in menopause GOOD LORD when I get to menopause am I going to have hot flashes for 8 more years?

I also get a tingling on the bottom of my feet for the past 6 months, my memory stinks, I'm moody, I don't sleep well at all- everynight 2 to 3 times a night I'm up- now my question is when I finally get to menopause and I'm over it will I feel normal and nice and cool again? I'm so tired of being hot and living in Texas doesn't help either. Help!! I need and want answers please???
effie_debbie

Re: HOT FLASHES FOR 8 YEARS??????

Postby Tuckersmom » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:53 pm

effie_debbie wrote:I have been having hot serious flashes for the last 8 years and now night sweats the past couple of years, my doctor took blood and she says that I'm not in menopause GOOD LORD when I get to menopause am I going to have hot flashes for 8 more years?

I also get a tingling on the bottom of my feet for the past 6 months, my memory stinks, I'm moody, I don't sleep well at all- everynight 2 to 3 times a night I'm up- now my question is when I finally get to menopause and I'm over it will I feel normal and nice and cool again? I'm so tired of being hot and living in Texas doesn't help either. Help!! I need and want answers please???

I have don't quite a bit of online research on this issue. Typically hot flashes, mood swings, etc. are a part of peri-menopause, because our estrogen levels begin dropping and continue to drop till we are post-menopausal.

There are some women however who continue to sufffer hot flashes, etc., even into their seventies. Granted, that is not the norm, but it does happen.

I don't know what I'd do without HRT and Xanex. I am post-menopausal (age 52), and became an emotional wreck once my estrogen levels bottomed out.

Hope you find some answers and some relief soon.
I'm a follower of The Way.
Tuckersmom

Postby effie_debbie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:47 pm

Thank you for your reply, I'm 54 and so tired of this, I believe it was brought on by the stress of my divorce 8 years ago cause that's when this all started
what kind of HRT's do you take? Because I took them for a while about 3 months worked great then it made my legs start to cramp so my doctor told me to quite taking them because they can give you blood clots, I was taking prem-pro so I just can't catch a break :!: :!: :!: :!:
effie_debbie

Postby minniepauz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:03 am

effie-debbie....first of all, welcome to the forum. :) We'll be looking forward to hearing more from you! (You can always personalize your profile by going to the User control panel at the top right of the page)

Is Effie part of your name? I've never seen it except with my Grandmother. :)

You should talk with your doctor and see if you can get a different kind of hormone therapy that doesn't have the problems you mentioned. There are some that are patches and creams that might work better for you. You can post your question to Dr. Judy and she may be able to suggest what you can ask your doctor.

For all of you who are confused about the different types of hrt, I found this:
http://www.fda.gov/womens/medicinecharts/menopause.html
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby effie_debbie » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:23 am

Hi Minnie,

I found out about you on the DANS site, hope you are doing well.

Effie was my Mother's name- she passed away in October 1993

Thanks for the info I will check into the patches, like I said the prem-pro worked great for 3 months then I got to where I couldn't walk across the grocery store without my legs cramping and just tightening up, they felt like I had just ran a marthon which will never happen :D my doctor said that hrt can cause blood clots so i quite taken them and she gave me FEMHRT and they did the same thing, but at this point I will try anything and everything.

Thank you for the reply
effie_debbie

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause