Stomach issues

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Stomach issues

Postby danmia » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:07 pm

I have been suffering for over a year now with this problem and I found that on the Health Boards Message Boards under menopause there is a question there that is titled stomach upset with peri menopause. I recommend anyone who has this problem to read this and it will make you feel better. I didn't put a link here because I'm not sure if you're allowed to do that. So Google the Health Boards Message Boards and you should find it okay. I really believe this is something doctors should start reseaching with menopausal women it is definitely a symptom and very debilitating for some.
Have a great day ladies :)
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Re: Stomach issues

Postby minniepauz » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:44 pm

I don't mind if you reference another board here. The only thing I've found on the Health Boards is a lot of questions, but never any answers. At least we have Dr. Judy here who responds to the questions. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby danmia » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:00 pm

Absolutely no answers ever come from there and I know we are very lucky to have Dr. Judy to help us out here. But I was just pointing out that there are many menopause ladies suffering with this problem. I wasn't knocking this site by any means it was just I wanted to show that our stomach issue problems were happening to many many women out there. In all fairness Doctors all seem to say oh that can't be the menopause you must have a stomach bug. It's not a recognized symptom is all I'm saying and it should be. Hence the reference to the other message board where I have been researching all over the web to find women's comments on it. I guess it's a little pet peeve of mine, where thousands of menopause sites never have it as a big symptom if a symptom at all, and I am absolutely convinced it should now be symptom added to the common list we all see everywhere. And that I think doctors refer to. There had my say, no offence to anyone I hope my post wasn't taken the wrong way. :)
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:38 am

Mia...you know you are free to express your opinions here and I wasn't criticising you for posting about the other message board and I didn't take it that you were knocking this site. You could have posted a link to it if you wanted, I was just pointing out that for all the posts there, they never have any answers. I was suggesting that it might be better if we could get all of them to come here where we get more answers. :)

As far as not having stomach issues on the list of symptoms? It's been there the entire time, my dear..... 20. Gastrointestinal distress, belching, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea

And when you go to the page, I've provided some very good explainations and solutions from Susan Weed and from Dr. Judy. Even a video explaining GERD (below the cartoon):
http://www.minniepauz.com/menopause-sym ... stion.html

If you go to watch the video, there are several more on other digestive issues....like the one on probiotics. I believe Judy has mentioned this and also the pharmacist we have on the board. I know he suggested taking Flora (good bacteria) to help me.

You're right about how many women are having these issues during this time of life and by sharing your story and hearing others, we are able to gather helpful information. We help ourselves and at the same time help others find their solutions, so I thank you for your contributions on this forum.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby danmia » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:17 pm

Yes I know it's on the list on this site. God knows I look at everything on this site because it is sooooo helpful, and if it weren't for this site I would never have known other women are suffering these horrible stomach issues with me. But most menopause sites you go to will only refer to hot flashes night sweats headache depression and maybe just maybe somewhere down below is stomach problems. All I'm saying is that it is definitely by far one of the major problems along with anxiety that I really think should be a lot higher in consideration when treating menopause and talking to women about it. Many many doctors only refer to the usual problems, hot flashes etc. and I have read tons of descriptions from doctors saying that gastrointestinal problems are not a symptom of menopause. God bless you for all you do here, I keep posting on other menopause sites telling them to go here :) for the best help and the best advice.
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Re: Mentally Unstable For Sure

Postby danmia » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:15 pm

Has anyone noticed my mood swings on these message boards lately, honestly when i re read some of them I just think what the hell were you thinking that day? I am so up and down with my mood, so irrational and happy one minute, crying my eyes out the next, angry and critical one minute, and full of praise the next, paranoid to extreme it's horrific, I am defintiely at a peak of menopause and I am not liking who I am. Who is this schzitophrenic (can't spell) woman I've turned into? And anxiety is the total ruler of my life right now to go along with this weirdo I have turned into...........
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:27 am

Mia, the key is to remember that you're not alone and that it will pass. I've said many times that each of us will probably have to get used to a new "normal" so it's better to adjust than to expect things to go back to before it all started to change, AND it WILL get better, we just don't know how long it will take each individual.

Keep trying to find solutions to the issues that bother you most and keep trying to find a new way to look at things. Eventually, things will smooth out that are related to menopause, but there will still be issues that are due to general aging.

I wish you didn't have the IBS either. I'm guessing you've done tons of research on it, right? What is the most prominent advice you've found? That's the course I would take. My mother has it too and amazingly, she carries on and goes on trips and everything, even a cruise. She just takes enough Imodium to feel secure and then eats whatever loosens her up again once she's at a place where she can let go. Then I have a male friend who is 60 who also has IBS and he's practically a prisoner in his home. My Mom watches what she eats, but my friend doesn't. That seems to be a big issue.

As far as the doctors who say this and that is not related to menopause, they're coming from a totally different place than women who actually go through this stuff! So women listen more to other women (and doctors like Dr. Judy) because they know what we're talking about. The list of symptoms on my site was not made by doctors, but by women just like you and me, so THAT'S why stomach problems are on our list. :)

here's a very insteresting site for you...they even have people who express their feelings about IBS in their art... also the stories are very compelling....http://www.aboutibs.org/site/about-ibs/ ... -profiles/
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause