**Sigh**

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

**Sigh**

Postby Kris » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:16 pm

Just wondering if I am the only 'insane' one out there. For an entire week AFTER my period I feel so bad. Weepy, exhausted,brain fog, sick to my stomach, bowel problems, headaches, shakey and not wanting to talk to anyone for fear of spreading my misery :baghead: Then magically...... I wake up one morning and feel great. After months of this routine, one would think I would realize it is just hormones, but when I am in the midst of all this.... I turn into a raging hypochrondriac and feel like I must have a horrible illness and I am dying..... which escalates into the depressive thoughts, mood swings, etc. UGH!! Am I the only one who gets "After menstral Syndrome?" Starting to think I might be going alitle crazy..... all this and I have yet to have a hot flash... YAY!! Something to look forward to!!! :lol:
Kris
One HOT Woman!

Re: **Sigh**

Postby hotnheavy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:51 pm

Kris wrote:Just wondering if I am the only 'insane' one out there. For an entire week AFTER my period I feel so bad. Weepy, exhausted,brain fog, sick to my stomach, bowel problems, headaches, shakey and not wanting to talk to anyone for fear of spreading my misery :baghead: Then magically...... I wake up one morning and feel great. After months of this routine, one would think I would realize it is just hormones, but when I am in the midst of all this.... I turn into a raging hypochrondriac and feel like I must have a horrible illness and I am dying..... which escalates into the depressive thoughts, mood swings, etc. UGH!! Am I the only one who gets "After menstral Syndrome?" Starting to think I might be going alitle crazy..... all this and I have yet to have a hot flash... YAY!! Something to look forward to!!! :lol:

Hi Kris,

I'm new to this sight but your symptoms are not "new" to me. I've been where your at, and your NOT crazy. I just received the news that I am "in" menopause. I had gone through, and STILL have the same things happening to me except NOW I know I'm not going crazy. Although I no longer have periods, I still get all the symptoms associated with them. The fatigue, headaches (horrible migraines actually), body aches, bloating etc. I get so exhausted I feel like I have to stop what I am doing and take a nap. It's an extremely scary feeling because you do start to think you have some awful illness that you may not recover from. I too, get depressed and feel like I'd rather be my myself than spread my "misery" to everyone around me. This happens to me when I SHOULD be having my cycle. I have to say I had these symptoms for some time BEFORE I stopped having my cycles. They just seem to have gotten a little worse with the addition of the hot flashes. :oops: but I feel better now knowing I'm not going crazy and that what is happening to me is normal. I feel like now I can get through this. I am researching my options to treat the symptoms I have because I am not able to take HRT's. Since this happens to you around your cycle, maybe your doctor can give you some suggestions as to what you can do to lessen them. My daughter has me going to Yoga 1 night a week which has really helped with the headaches and depression. Maybe that would be an option for you during that bad week. And by all means, keep your sense of humor! :lol:

Tandra
hotnheavy

Postby psexypsychic » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:09 pm

I've never been depressed in the clincially diagnosed way. But when peri started eating my brain, my PMS and periods got worse. And at the end of my periods- its the worst. I feel useless and pitiful. I feel horrible.

But then, I'll wake up and be fine. So, it happens. It sucks, but it happens.

I tend to keep my sad thoughts to myself because my kids don't really understand and my husband can't grasp the situation enough to try and help (he's disabled). I once vented to a male friend of mine and I sort of got bitched out by him about being stupid. I snapped back at him that whatever is wrong with me will be over in a day or two, I was just venting... but whatever was wrong with him would be that way forever.

Luckily, he didn't take it to heart and we're still friends... but still. Don't tell a hormonal person to "suck it up"... :mrgreen:

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby RacerWife7 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:15 pm

I'm having the same thing happen - today. I'm at the back-end of my period and I have been unusually weepy and depressed, cranky, edgy - just awful today. (sounds like what psexypsychic described) I just want to hide. ..Hard to do with a nearly-8-year old and a 3-year-old in the house. :( ...Thankfully, my husband took the boys to the park for a while so I can be by myself. ICK... I really don't like this part. :(
~ Janet, age 45 (46 in March 2011)
Mom of 2 young boys / Wife of a Saturday night racecar driver / former country line dance instructor/choreographer
Hypothyroid (Hashimoto's), Peri
RacerWife7
Combustible

Postby Kris » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:42 pm

Yay! My week of hell is over and I feel fine, but it does cause me to wonder what I can do to make this time alittle easier for me. I still get 'regular' periods and i have been like clockwork for years. All this started about six months ago...... for a solid 6-7 days after my period I feel just so sick. headaches, bodyaches, sadness..... I still have never had a hot flash, at least I don't think I have. I sometimes feel like I have a fever and my heart might race.... but thats it. I don't have night sweats.....
I wonder if any kind of hormone would work for me at this point. I may be sounding petty, but that week really takes alot out of me.
Maybe a natural estrogen supplement or something. I really would like to find something that helps....... I know how fast time flies... but that week for me seems like a month. :banghead:
Kris
One HOT Woman!

Postby michuganna » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:21 pm

Kris wrote:Just wondering if I am the only 'insane' one out there. For an entire week AFTER my period I feel so bad. Weepy, exhausted,brain fog, sick to my stomach, bowel problems, headaches, shakey and not wanting to talk to anyone for fear of spreading my misery :baghead: Then magically...... I wake up one morning and feel great. After months of this routine, one would think I would realize it is just hormones, but when I am in the midst of all this.... I turn into a raging hypochrondriac and feel like I must have a horrible illness and I am dying..... which escalates into the depressive thoughts, mood swings, etc. UGH!! Am I the only one who gets "After menstral Syndrome?" Starting to think I might be going alitle crazy..... all this and I have yet to have a hot flash... YAY!! Something to look forward to!!! :lol:

No you are not insane at least no more insane the I am. I get the same way well at least I used to, right now I don't know what the heck is happening from one period to the next. But, just so you know you are in good company, I definitely have had that happen to me.
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home..."

Sometimes I think my train of thought has derailed....
michuganna
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause