Sooo tired and crabby

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Sooo tired and crabby

Postby TinaElmerRh » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:19 pm

Oh my! I just found this site and have been reading the posts. I am 50 years old. For the past maybe 3 yrs I would go almost a year and then poof!! back came my period. Well I haven't had it again since May 15th. I can deal with that, but this week I have really been miserable. I work from 5:30am to 1:30pm. I just have absolutely no energy what so ever. I spent pretty much all day Sunday in bed sleeping off and on. Then back to work Monday until 1:30. It's not my normal but I have to force myself to make dinner and other than that I have no energy to do anything but sleep. It's now Wednesday at 12:30 and can't wait to get out and take a nap. I have been so crabby I haven't talked to my husband since Saturday. I feel like I'm in a daze all of the time. How long will this last? I feel like I'm going nuts.
TinaElmerRh

Re: Sooo tired and crabby

Postby minniepauz » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:09 pm

Hi Tina!! Welcome to the forum! I'm really sorry the symptoms have hit you so hard. It sounds like you're definitely on your way but the journey is different for everyone so there's no set pattern about how long it will last. For some it could be 5 years and for others, 15 years. That's not very encouraging, I know. The best thing you can do is start dealing with the symptoms you have now by reading what others have done, trying different things to feel better whether it's supplements or hormone therapy.

There's always someone around here to help lift the spirits or provide important information and we try to keep our sense of humor through it all!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby TinaElmerRh » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:56 am

Thank you for responding minnie. OMG I think my husband will have me committed before that long!!!
TinaElmerRh

Postby psexypsychic » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:04 am

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV... ;)

But, as for the energy loss, have you had your thyroid checked? The loss of energy (and the sleeping off and on and the forcing of ones self to complete tasks) is my first flag that my thyroid is out of whack.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby TinaElmerRh » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:11 am

psexypsychic wrote:I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV... ;)

But, as for the energy loss, have you had your thyroid checked? The loss of energy (and the sleeping off and on and the forcing of ones self to complete tasks) is my first flag that my thyroid is out of whack.

Yes I had a complete blood work-up done with my last visit. The only thing that was off was my cholestoral, but not that bad. My mamagram also came back different and had to have a biopsy done. That turned out ok - just my body changing. This turning 50 stuff pretty much sucks!!!!
TinaElmerRh

Postby minniepauz » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:44 am

Honestly, you'll be doing yourself a favor if you can try to look at the more positive side of this whole process (you know, like saving on heating bills?). If you don't, each time you get a new symptom or a new LEVEL of a previous symptom, you may find yourself being swallowed up by all the negativity. I swear I'm not a "happy-go-lightly" type person with a magic wand that can make everything all better, but I will guarantee you that keeping your sense of humor is going to be the best advice you get! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby TinaElmerRh » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:30 am

minniepauz wrote:Honestly, you'll be doing yourself a favor if you can try to look at the more positive side of this whole process (you know, like saving on heating bills?). If you don't, each time you get a new symptom or a new LEVEL of a previous symptom, you may find yourself being swallowed up by all the negativity. I swear I'm not a "happy-go-lightly" type person with a magic wand that can make everything all better, but I will guarantee you that keeping your sense of humor is going to be the best advice you get! :)

I think I really gave the wrong impression. It did come out as pretty negative, but really that isn't me at all. I do laugh about it. We have 6 girls in our office and we are all around the same age. God bless the men in the office!! I just can't wait until it's over and I can get back to myself, but until then I'll have to deal with it and keep remembering that each day of this takes me one more day closer to feeling normal again. Thanks for the advice, it is appreciated.
TinaElmerRh

Postby Kris » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:01 pm

Dee... you are so right about the positive attitude!! There have been times I posted when I was just in a downward spiral and i know I sounded awful..... but keeping your good attitude and trying to throw in a good sense of humor does help alot!! (It doesn't hurt that I was gently reminded of that!! :lol: ) I really am a happy, positive person, by nature, so this menopause "stuff' is hitting me hard and sometimes daily. It helps to tackle one problem at a time and see what might work for you. I've been feeling so yucky lately and decided to take a zyrtec to see if it made the 'crazy' feelings in my head, feel better.... that was 5 days ago and I feel GREAT!!!! I think I just needed the anti-histamine. Like I said.... one issue at a time. Tomorrow is always a new day!! :flower:
Kris
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:09 pm

Tina and Kris....I don't ever mean to sound like I'm putting you down or accusing you of being negative. I just know how hard it is to pull ourselves out of that downward spiral if it gets to be a habit. The reason I know is because I have done it so much in my lifetime!! :) I have to be reminded too....actually, reminding everyone here helps ME too!

I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable about posting their feelings, but I hope my encouragement to think positive will put you back on the right track. I would expect the same from all of you! :bighug:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Kris » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:16 pm

Dee... as I said... I think its good that you always try to remind us that tomorrow is "a new day" as dwelling on the bad stuff drags us down futher!! We all know how hard it is to see the 'light' at the end when we are feeling so bad..... but its there :bouncy: I seem to be on an upward spiral, if you will, right now and i am kisssing the ground I walk on daily!! I have a 'girls week end' trip planned to the Jersey shore next week for 5 glorious days of sizzling in the sun... reading.... a couple foo-foo girlie drinks... good company... and totally forgetting about my lab for the week :cheer: I found out today that my daughter and grandbaby and son-in-law are coming for Thanksgiving and that just kinda put the icing on the cake for me today!!!! Things are lookin' up!!!!
Kris
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause