Brighid...

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Brighid...

Postby RacerWife7 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:35 pm

Tomorrow is your appointment, right? Are you all ready? Armed with all your pertinent info? ;)
~ Janet, age 45 (46 in March 2011)
Mom of 2 young boys / Wife of a Saturday night racecar driver / former country line dance instructor/choreographer
Hypothyroid (Hashimoto's), Peri
RacerWife7
Combustible

Re: Brighid...

Postby Brighid Moon » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:11 pm

LOL *HUGS* Thank you for thinking about me! Yes, it was yesterday, I was just coming here to post!

I love my gyn. Seriously. She's very understanding. I told her what's going on, and she was glad about my weight loss. (So am I!) I'll never be skinny, but in my view 20 more pounds off is good for me - then I work on toning it up.

My bladder wall is breaking down, but she says that's normal after having kids - just do kegal exercises. Well, that explains why I have to pee so much! LOL

She agreed that the anxiety is peri-menopausal based, and told me to take (start with) 10 drops of wild yam extract twice a day, and also to try chaste berry tea! I didn't know about chaste berry! She said she'd normally just put me on birth control, at this point, but I smoke. For the first time I'm glad I had smoking to get in the way of something! LOL I don't want man-made hormones of any sort.

Then came the speech about my smoking - thing is she's preaching to the choir. I just can't quit right now, I'm under too much stress and don't wish to add to it. Hopefully in the future when my stress recedes. :D

She tried again to get me to take a mamogram, but I'm violently allergic to the concept of putting xrays through my boobs. Somehow I just can't see that being a good thing. :yuck: She laughed and told me, "Okay, I'll let you slide, but I'll really start harassing you when you hit fifty!" So I told her, "When I hit fifty, I'll let you!" :wink:

Now I have to get blood work done, my cholesterol was pretty bad last time (not dangerously, but not good) and she wants to see it again. Part of my stress is that I live in the woods, and have to bum rides from people to get anywhere, so I've put off several things (such as an x-ray for my coxxyx and going to the eye doctor) - so I think I'll try and at least get the x-ray and bloodwork done the same day and save myself from having to beg twice. :oops:

All in all it went well! I really like my gyn! :mrgreen: Now to just get to town and buy the (expensive) herbs!
Brighid Moon
One HOT Woman!

Postby RacerWife7 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:39 am

I'm glad it went well... though, I had no doubt it would - I know you said you love your Doc. My doc is a new one and I go today at noon. So, I HOPE I like her as much as you like yours. ;) I'll let you know how it goes!
Mom of 2 young boys / Wife of a Saturday night racecar driver / former country line dance instructor/choreographer
RacerWife7
Combustible

Postby Brighid Moon » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:46 am

Good luck, Janet! My thoughts are with you! :D
Brighid Moon
One HOT Woman!

Postby RacerWife7 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:57 pm

Aww! :D Thanks, Brighid!!

It went okay. I don't "love her". But, I don't hate her, either. She seemed VERY put-off by my "list" and, in a way, acted as if I was being a hypochondriac for looking things up on the internet (and said something similar, but not in so many words :roll: ). So, that annoyed me. But, she softened a bit once I agreed with her on trying birth control. I think she thought I was going to ask for HRT. :shock: HELLOOOOO???? I don't THINK so!! Sheesh!

Anyhoo... she wants me to try Yaz and see if it relieves some of my symptoms - including and especially my NASTY PMS. :twisted: That's the one thing that bothers me (and everyone I come in contact with) the most. ;) LOL! I'm a raving lunatic these days - I have 3 weeks of PMS and one week of relief when I get my period! :lol: It's crazy!

She didn't offer to do ANY tests. I think her "test" is seeing if the BC pill levels me out. She told me if it doesn't, then there's something "else" wrong. (What - I have no idea.)

So, my appointment didn't go as well as I had hoped. But, it wasn't a total loss. If the Yaz works for me, then I'll have to say it was a success. ...Time will tell. ;)

Thanks again for thinking of me! :luv:
RacerWife7
Combustible

Postby Brighid Moon » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:23 am

I hope the Yaz works for you! I still have yet to get to town to get my herbs. So frustrating! Now I have to wait until Monday. :roll: I have yet to figure out how I'm going to get a ride to the hospital for my tests. :yuck:
Brighid Moon
One HOT Woman!

Postby RacerWife7 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:28 am

I hope you find someone who can take you soon. ...The sooner the better, you know? ;) Good luck!
RacerWife7
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause