Severe cramping

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Severe cramping

Postby michelilow » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:16 pm

Hi,
thought things couldn't get worse on this perimenopause journey, but I was wrong!
I started getting symptoms when I was 40 & the worst being the depression, which seems to never leave me. :cry: My periods had been pretty good & on time till last Oct, when I missed a couple of months but this could have been due to the worry of my daughter being diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease. She has now been given the "all clear" thank goodness. :)
Anyway, last month my period was ok but 17 days down the line I start to spot again. Sometimes it is like a blood stained discharge & then I may get bright red stuff but not much at all. I then get nothing & think it's ended. This has been going on for five days.
Well yesterday I was out shopping in the city & I came over all hot & sweaty & I had the most terrible cramping pains in both my back & front & it was so bad I nearly passed out. I suffered period pains in my teens but never as bad as this! :shock: Tell me is this the norm & has anyone else had this?
Michele
B.M. fan & proud of it!
michelilow
On Fire!

Re: Severe cramping

Postby minniepauz » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:54 am

Of course, I will always recommend that you check with your doctor first, but I can tell you that this sounds very normal. The first signs of peri-menopause are the irregular periods, which can be SO different for everyone, and yours sound very typical. The cramps sound like the phantom periods that many women have talked about here. It's all just part of the process of our bodies coming to the end of the reproductive time. I hope this was last time you'll have to experience that severe pain though!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Re: Severe cramping

Postby michelilow » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:35 pm

Hi Dee,
thanks for your reply. I thought it was related. My period did start up properly last night & it's a light one, so hopefully the cramping has ceased for this month, at least! :)
Michele.
B.M. fan & proud of it!
michelilow
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause