Yaz + Me = MIGRAINES! Ahhhhh!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Yaz + Me = MIGRAINES! Ahhhhh!

Postby RacerWife7 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:38 am

Okay, as I posted after my OB appointment, I was put on Yaz birth control and told that if my peri symptoms were NOT alleviated, then, I'd have to look at something ELSE as being the cause for them - not peri. Well, I'm here to tell you that (1) I have had a LOT less hot flashes since starting on Yaz 10 days ago and (2) I am sleeping normally again. So, what does that tell you? It IS my hormones that are out of whack. DUH!!! I knew that already.

Well, now for the BAD news. Over the past 4 days or so, I've developed headaches that have increased in intensity to the point where - last night - I had a migraine so bad that I was throwing up. :( Shoot. Now I have to call the doc back and get her to prescribe something ELSE. (that IS the way to go, right?) :banghead:
~ Janet, age 45 (46 in March 2011)
Mom of 2 young boys / Wife of a Saturday night racecar driver / former country line dance instructor/choreographer
Hypothyroid (Hashimoto's), Peri
RacerWife7
Combustible

Re: Yaz + Me = MIGRAINES! Ahhhhh!

Postby RacerWife7 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:13 pm

:cry: She won't switch me to anything else. She says Yaz is the lowest dose out there and any other BCP is going to do the same thing. :( I was finally SLEEPING at night!! I'm so upset that there's NOTHING else I can take!!! :sad2:
Mom of 2 young boys / Wife of a Saturday night racecar driver / former country line dance instructor/choreographer
RacerWife7
Combustible

Postby Brighid Moon » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:12 pm

Awww Janet! I'm so sorry you're going through that and that the YAZ didn't work out! :( *HUGS*
Brighid Moon
One HOT Woman!

Postby RacerWife7 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:52 pm

Well,... this might be a little TMI, but here goes... I came down with diarrhea today (yippee) :yuck: And after talking to a friend whose parents I had been visiting with over the past week or so, I found out that her Mom had the same type of thing over the past couple of days! So, MAYBE - HOPEFULLY - it wasn't the Yaz. I think I might give it another try and see how it goes. ...I'm hopeful.

Thanks, Brighid, for your support and positive thoughts!
RacerWife7
Combustible

Postby craftyvalerie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:21 am

Hi Janet.....just to let you know that here in NY where I live there is also a bug going around that is causing lower GI problems and headaches (plus shoulder and neck pain)......a parent at the school my son goes to said she knew about 5 or 6 folks who have it this last 2 weeks.......just thought I would let you know.........valerie
craftyvalerie
Combustible

Postby RacerWife7 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:54 am

Valerie!... THAT'S what I had! I can't believe I didn't post it here! :oops:

I had some kind of virus that's going around the area - chills, headache (in my case, migraine), upset stomach, throwing up... every time I ate, I was queasy for a few days. I'm better now. And I've resumed taking Yaz. I have my fingers crossed that my peri symptoms continue to diminish and I don't have any headaches. :D
RacerWife7
Combustible

Postby Brighid Moon » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:02 pm

Janet - I'm glad you're okay with the Yaz again, now! Despite the possible dangers sometime in the future, with my anxiety the way it is, I'm seriously considering that if the herbs don't work, I'm going to ask for it too. It'll be my last alternative, and with the anxiety/panic the way it is for me now, it's worth the possibility of the cancer. >.< So keep me informed about how it's working for you!
Brighid Moon
One HOT Woman!

Postby Guest44 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:59 am

I have taken Yaz for the last 6+ months and am about to switch back to Yasmin. I went online today to find out if others were getting more acne than usual (I know, it's supposed to lessen acne) and found out lots of nasty posts about far worse things than acne. Here's one of the websites I stumbled upon: http://www.steadyhealth.com/WARNING_ABO ... 28290.html

I know all birth control has risks but this one seems to be pretty bad, especially for younger women.

Good luck with your journey!
Guest44

Postby padme67 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:36 pm

I was put on Yaz at 39 to help with my irregular periods and depression. I got terrible migraines and heavier then normal periods so I went off it. It may help some but I think they should warn people that migraines are possible.
padme67

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause