Progress

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Progress

Postby RacerWife7 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:38 am

Well, I'm into the 3rd week of being on Yaz. I haven't had ANY migraines since the one incident (which I am completely attributing to the virus I had). My hot flashes are SO infrequent that I RARELY ever have one and night sweats are 100% alleviated. I am sleeping through the night (thank GOODNESS!) and I, generally, FEEL better. I no longer have that nasty anger lingering just below the surface like I've had for what seems like forever. It's just gone. I've had that for so long that I didn't realize it was there until it was gone. (Isn't that always the way?)

SO... I just wanted to give you all a little update. I'm feeling very well, generally speaking. And I'm having another blood draw on Monday. I'll get the results back from that 2 weeks after. When I DO go on Monday, I'm going to ask them to check my hormone levels while they're checking my thyroid, vitamin, and mineral levels.

...Now to see if he can recommend a better OB/GYN... ;)
~ Janet, age 45 (46 in March 2011)
Mom of 2 young boys / Wife of a Saturday night racecar driver / former country line dance instructor/choreographer
Hypothyroid (Hashimoto's), Peri
RacerWife7
Combustible

Re: Progress

Postby RacerWife7 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:30 pm

Oh. Strike that. I had TWO appointments scheduled (oops). I won't be going for my blood draw until mid-October. And my follow-up will be at the end of October. :oops: I made a boo-boo in scheduling.
Mom of 2 young boys / Wife of a Saturday night racecar driver / former country line dance instructor/choreographer
RacerWife7
Combustible

Postby Brighid Moon » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:54 pm

I'm glad you're feeling better, Janet! :D Good luck with the tests and finding a good gyn! I'm pondering, depending on my tests, trying the Yaz too - at this point even the negatives, due to my smoking, are a better chance than continuing with the way I feel now. :roll: I'm so happy for you! :D
Brighid Moon
One HOT Woman!

Postby RacerWife7 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:00 pm

Thanks SO much, Brighid! :flower:
RacerWife7
Combustible

Postby psexypsychic » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:14 am

I had an appointment yesterday. My doctor (a resident) told me pros and cons about taking the pill. He asked if I smoked. I do not. Do I live with a smoker. Nope.

Then he decided to run a bunch of blood tests to "make sure" I am going through peri right now! And "if" the tests show I am, he'll prescribe some birth control pills. He kept saying, "women don't typically go through menopause till they're 48 to 50..." And I kept saying, "I've been having symptoms since I was 34..." He claims there are no records in my file saying I had the blood tests. (well, I did... I had so many tests done during a two year period that I can't even remember all of them). They ruled out everything else (including various STDs and congestive heart failure).

I just hope they prescribe the pill... I want to feel HUMAN again. :banghead:

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby RacerWife7 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:36 am

UGH! :roll: I don't know WHAT is wrong with these doctors! I get SO tired of this: :banghead: because that's what it feels like I'm doing every time I have to talk to one. I hope the test results show what you've known all along. ;)
RacerWife7
Combustible

Postby Brighid Moon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:55 pm

Oh Good luck, psexypsychic! There's nothing worse than dealing with difficult doctors! :roll:
Brighid Moon
One HOT Woman!

Postby psexypsychic » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:50 am

I posted a blog about the appointment.

It doesn't help that all my doctors are students. This one looked like he was 18 years old. The last one looked even younger. I wish I had the one before that one, at least he tried to help. Such is life at the Veteran's hospital, I suppose. I didn't get a call on Friday from boy-doctor, so I haven't a clue what my blood tests said. The doctor that I liked would call me- even on a Sunday- to tell me things. That's good doctorin'.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause