"Women's Health"... what does that mean to you?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Re: "Women's Health"... what does that mean to you?

Postby psexypsychic » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:50 pm

The gynocologist was very happy to hear that I saw an ortho (I had a gyno appointment today).

She isn't saying I don't have peri- but she's "dealing with" the symptoms... at the moment, she's convinced that all my issues are caused by the "too much estrogen" in my body- hence the Mirena IUD insertion. She said I'm going along nicely, everything is in place where it should be and so on. She just wants me to lose weight. :roll:

Well, duh... as soon as the knees get fixed, I'll be out there pounding pavement.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:54 pm

but are you FEELING better overall?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby psexypsychic » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:37 pm

I can't really say... I'm in a lot more pain and that's sort of clouding things at the moment.

I AM having less hot flashes, but I wasn't sure if that was hormone-related or winter temps related. I only had, maybe, three hot flashes at night in the last couple of weeks. So, it must be working there. (I still sleep like crap- but that's pain).

One thing I'm not thrilled with is that I'll be spotting for several months. Sure, some days are nearly nothing, but still... its just annoying. But, Doc claims that in a few months, my periods will stop outright.

One of the things they're "trying to avoid" is a hysterectomy in "someone so young" which makes me roll my eyes. I know people younger than me who have had a hysterectomy.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause