New to all this and I have a few questions.

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

New to all this and I have a few questions.

Postby Hope Floats » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:59 pm

So, I just turned 49 and this past year in about June I noticed I was hotter than normal. I started to get minor night sweats and I felt a little depressed and edgy. Now, I have just undergone two years of extreme stress with my son having had cancer and a bone marrow transplant and I know that edgy and depressed are not my personality. So, recognizing these signs as not the norm for me, I went to my doctor and was given anti depressants. Now, since September I have had no period at all...so, I go to the gyno and get some hormone level tests done and I'm told my hormones are all normal? Gees, how can that be? I have had no period in four months. So, of course I have come to the realization at this point that I must be in peri menopause. My most nagging question at this point is, is it normal to go months without periods?

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and exchange information with you as we travel down this path...

Sue
Hope Floats

Re: New to all this and I have a few questions.

Postby psexypsychic » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:10 pm

I've gone two months without a period. There are ladies here who have gone as many as 10 or 11 months without and then had them start up again.

I hate the unpredictability of it all.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby mi4angels » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:25 pm

Welcome Sue! I don't guess I have a scientific answer for you, just personal experience. I'm in the midst of my first period since September and I'M normal. I think. :mrgreen:
Suzanne

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says... "Oh shit...she's awake!!"
mi4angels
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Perfectly normal....IF you're not pregnant. That's usually the biggest fear (and sometimes I'm sure it's a blessing), but you need to make sure. The hormone tests can show different results from hour to hour, much less from day to day so you can't always rely on that. Take a deep breath and think about what you know....you're at the right age to be starting to "change", one of the first things that happen are irregular or skipped periods, so more than likely you're now peri-menopausal. Do some more reading, keeping in mind that your experience will probably be a mixture of all that you read....some the same, some different.

It will probably help if you keep a daily journal because then you can look back a few weeks from now and see what has changed (or hasn't). You can make your own journal here on the forum or just a notebook at home. Helps a lot to take to your doctor appts too so you don't forget anything.

Hang around with us and you'll soon be talking the talk and walking the walk with us!! Welcome!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause