Can I Blame This On Menopause?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Can I Blame This On Menopause?

Postby onehotmamma » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:29 pm

Great. I'm crying at the drop of a hat today. :cry2: Nothing bad, really -- just songs on the radio are making me weepy and stuff like that.
Sylvia

Midlife: I am losing my body but gaining my soul. Of course, I am losing my mind, too, but that's beside the point.
onehotmamma
On Fire!

Re: Can I Blame This On Menopause?

Postby minniepauz » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:47 pm

minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby onehotmamma » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:21 pm

minniepauz wrote:Image

LOL. I did think of that cartoon when I posted! :lol:
Sylvia

Midlife: I am losing my body but gaining my soul. Of course, I am losing my mind, too, but that's beside the point.
onehotmamma
On Fire!

Postby psexypsychic » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:52 pm

I've said (in my blog and in real life): "I cry at the drop of a hat. Go ahead, drop a hat... I'll cry."

My son tends to do one of two things- he either garners my attention to a movie right at the sad part just because he knows I'll tear-up (even if I don't see the whole thing, just the sad scene) or he'll say, "Oh, Mom's gonna cry!" and then he'll do a horrendous fake sob, complete with the gasping breath. (he's 17, by the way).

Sometimes, he'll bring up a scene in a movie that he knows makes me get teary... how's this one for you- I've teared up during Terminator 2. Yeah, with Schwartzenegger. Not the end, where people start getting all human and emotional, but the scene where Arnie and the kid are "rescuing" the mum at the same time she's trying to escape.

She sees him step off the elevator and she turns back and runs away, "No! No! He'll kill us all!" and she's screaming. The orderlies and security pounce on her and she's trying to get away because she's scared of the Terminator, not knowing he's a good guy. The son says, "Help her!" and Termy goes up and starts throwing people aside (through windows, doors, walls). Then he holds his hand out to her and says, "Come with me if you want to live..."

The reason I tear up?

That's the same thing the good guy said to her in the first Terminator movie when he was saving her from Arnie's character. And they programmed Termy 2 to say it so she'd trust him.

*sniffle*

:lol:

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby SuperNanaMom46 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:57 am

Ok, well here is a little food for thought ... the other night, I went to the freezer with the thoughts of that great big bowl of "Cherry Cordial" ice cream that I was going to have. .... Well, it was gone .... I cryed my stupid eyes out!! I was really actually and embarassingly upset! My husband walked over to me and he said ... "You're really crying aren't you"? I was like ... "No, I have a friggin onion in my pocket, what do you think"! He went and got me some ice cream. Like I really needed it, but what the hell .... point is that I wanted it, and it wasn't there, and I flipped out. Sometimes I feel like a little 3 year old in a 46 year old body. I cry over burnt toast. But, sad movies, and music ... I couldn't take that. I would be like a human water sprinkler! Anyway, I think crying over anything at this point is normal. Whatever normal is! I try really hard to avoid the obvious things that trigger me to cry. Its the other million that I have trouble avoiding :) .
SuperNanaMom46

Postby minniepauz » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:40 am

Show this one to your husband. :) He'll relate!

minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause