Can anybody help me, I'm freaking out ;)

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Can anybody help me, I'm freaking out ;)

Postby KatieG » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:33 pm

I'm 41, and just recently been experiencing, I guess hot flashes. I had 2 in the last year, and lately I'm having more. Out of nowhere I feel like I'm real hot, and my face is burning up. It goes away after a little bit, but I end up putting a cool wet cloth on my head till its gone. So, ofcourse the pre-menopause thought went through my head, and then I started researching all the other syptoms, out of the typical 35, I have 24, lol....although the most typical (missed or irregular periods) is NOT one that I am having, I'm still as regualr and normal as ever. I do have an appointment with my doctor March 2 to get confirmed or what not. about 6 months ago, I was having this "fall asleep" feeling in my arm. It wasn't a shooting pain or anything like that, it just feels like it was asleep. It eventually went away. I didn't panic because I had no other syptoms like pain in the chest, shooting pains in the arm, trouble breathing, I just figured I pulled something, because at that time, I was "working out" like a fool, lol. well, it came back the beginning of December, so its been lingering for a little over 2 months now. It doesn't hurt, its just a feeling of "falling asleep". Now I notice on the list of menopause symptoms, tinging of the extremities is listed. I just wanted to know if ANYBODY has experienced this sypmtom at all? I'm kinda freaking out, I'm sure you all understand, lol. anyways, I'm about 20 pounds overweight right now, I have gained (another symptom, plus I eat like crazy, lol)...I don't feel any other weird things that would cause me to panic, like heart issues or stroke, I have hardly No headaches, its just weird..can anybody help?
KatieG

Re: Can anybody help me, I'm freaking out ;)

Postby minniepauz » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:54 pm

Katie, it sounds very much like the normal signs of peri-menopause and that can go on for several years before your periods come into play. Just another weird fact that we can't explain. That's why those symptoms on the list are not on a medical doctor's list, because they can't explain it so they determine it's not there. Well, we know better and finally the lisst was pretty much complete with things that more and more women complained about. It doesn't mean every woman will have all of the symptoms, just that we're not going crazy because LOTS of women have had the same strange things happening. Once your read more on the forum (and use the search feature for some specific words--like tingling), you will realize that you're not alone and not wacky! :) Keep posting and some of the ladies will be around to "fill in the blanks"!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby KatieG » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:38 pm

thank you so much. I will use the search option, I thought I was going crazy, lol
KatieG

Postby minniepauz » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:46 pm

you can also post your question to Dr. Judy (see on the front page) and get a doctor's opinion too. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby skmrycp » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:07 am

Hi Katie! I have all the symptoms listed elsewhere on this site. Tingling of the extremities was the least bothersome to me, until the last year. I was diagnosed several years ago with carpal tunnel syndrome on my right hand. So that explained that, but then I started having my left hand, and feet, go numb about the time of my last period. It's annoying in a way, but at least it only lasts for a few minutes.

So you are normal, for a peri-menopausal woman, even if your periods are still regular. One day you'll realize you haven't had a period in a long time, and you'll know that's over.

As for the hot flashes, I never did find anything to work on mine. And I kept my hair long, too, because both my husband and my grandson like it that way. Anything to keep our men interested, lol!

Welcome to the board!
skyp
Wishing contentment for you all!
{{{hugs}}} from Ryder's Gramma
bdate July 9, 1956, meno from Nov 2006
skmrycp
Hot Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause