Here We Go Again

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Here We Go Again

Postby onehotmamma » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:01 pm

After about six blissful weeks without a single hot flash :cloud9: , I'm starting up again. :banghead: :oops: :hot: :fire2:

As to the theory that they could be stress-related, yes, I have been under a lot of stress at work lately.

I only started this glorious process last fall. I have yet to go through a summer with hot flashes and I live in Florida, home of some of the wettest, nastiest summers on the face of the earth. :yuck: I am really dreading summer this year.
Sylvia

Midlife: I am losing my body but gaining my soul. Of course, I am losing my mind, too, but that's beside the point.
onehotmamma
On Fire!

Re: Here We Go Again

Postby minniepauz » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:17 pm

I believe what I've been saying for years that it's better to anticipate that symptoms are going to come and go, rather than expect that everything is going to stay the same. During that six weeks with no hotflashes, your body was getting ready to change again....in other words, the amount of this hormone and that one is constantly changing and will flutuate each month or every few months. Nobody can predict exactly when you're going to have enough estrogen to keep the hot flashes at bay or when you'll have a sudden drop and be drenched in sweat. Florida is exactly where I was when I had my last period (at age 41) and the hot flashes from hell began and stayed with me for about 5 years.

Hang in there...try all the little tricks to stay cool and try not to stress out about it all.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby mi4angels » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:41 pm

Sylvia, I say quit your job! Image :lol: I TOTALLY agree that the flashes must be stress related! I haven't had one since my inlaws went home. :lol:
Suzanne

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says... "Oh shit...she's awake!!"
mi4angels
Combustible

Postby onehotmamma » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:10 pm

mi4angels wrote:Sylvia, I say quit your job! [img]

Great idea! Except...................who would pay my bills so I could come online and chat with all of you HOT women??
Sylvia

Midlife: I am losing my body but gaining my soul. Of course, I am losing my mind, too, but that's beside the point.
onehotmamma
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause