Emotions

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Emotions

Postby onehotmamma » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:25 pm

Up until now, I had avoided the emotional turmoil of menopause but I think it's hit me now.

My youngest son is in the service and my oldest one was until he was injured in Iraq. Military folks tend to be a close-knit group and I know a LOT of military moms and military wives. Over the past seven years, I have know a number of moms and wives who have lost their soldier in war. Also, my sons have lost friends in battle.

This is NOT new territory for me. But today I heard of yet another military wife that I know whose husband was killed on Tuesday.

I cannot stop crying. I have been crying all day.

Sadly, this happens to someone I know at least several times a year, but this time I am SO emotional.

Maybe I am just so war weary that I can't stand it anymore, but I think menopause is probably playing a part in this too.
Sylvia

Midlife: I am losing my body but gaining my soul. Of course, I am losing my mind, too, but that's beside the point.
onehotmamma
On Fire!

Re: Emotions

Postby minniepauz » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:59 am

Oh God, Sylvia, it just breaks my heart every day when I think or hear of our men and women being killed or injured in this war!! And the sacrifices the families have made are just as distressing. I wish I could do something to ease the pain for you. I don't know if menopause is making it worse....it's hard to tell, although I doubt if you'd be any LESS emotional without the menopause.

Let the emotions come when they need to. Remember, it's a release for all of us to cry and you're closer than most of us here so you're going to feel the pain and sorrow of thousands. If we don't have someone close to us that's there, been there or going there, our daily lives are not centered around it, even though we try to remember all of you in our prayers and thoughts.

Try to look at it as a good cry session and then see if taking a deep breath and getting back to business will help. Even allow yourself time each day to let it out. If anyone asks, just tell them you're ok, but need this emotional outlet.

I was so happy to hear that Obama is going to raise military salaries, plus take better care of the families and of the wounded. I wish we could give them the world!! They deserve it!
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/ ... 13694.aspx
minniepauz
Site Admin

Re: Emotions

Postby onehotmamma » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:43 pm

minniepauz wrote:Oh God, Sylvia, it just breaks my heart every day when I think or hear of our men and women being killed or injured in this war!! And the sacrifices the families have made are just as distressing. I wish I could do something to ease the pain for you. I don't know if menopause is making it worse....it's hard to tell, although I doubt if you'd be any LESS emotional without the menopause.

Let the emotions come when they need to. Remember, it's a release for all of us to cry and you're closer than most of us here so you're going to feel the pain and sorrow of thousands. If we don't have someone close to us that's there, been there or going there, our daily lives are not centered around it, even though we try to remember all of you in our prayers and thoughts.

Try to look at it as a good cry session and then see if taking a deep breath and getting back to business will help. Even allow yourself time each day to let it out. If anyone asks, just tell them you're ok, but need this emotional outlet.

I was so happy to hear that Obama is going to raise military salaries, plus take better care of the families and of the wounded. I wish we could give them the world!! They deserve it!
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/ ... 13694.aspx

Thanks, Dee. I just feel so much MORE emotional lately.
Sylvia

Midlife: I am losing my body but gaining my soul. Of course, I am losing my mind, too, but that's beside the point.
onehotmamma
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause