Periods

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Periods

Postby TIDDYBEAR » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:55 pm

OK......... menopause has been playing with me for a couple of years now. Last year there were 3 months that I didn't have a period at all. Now, my last period was in December. But this month, 12 days past my due date, there was some red spotting when I went to the bathroom, so I put on a tampon. I wore it all day, and when I took it off that night there was just a browish cover on the end, like the last day of your period. The next 2 or 3 days there was nothing when I wiped, but if i probed a little deeper there was a redish tint. I didn't wear any more tampons.
Is this normal? I don't think I really even consider that a period. I can only pray that 2008 ends my periods! LOL.

Jan
Chattanooga, TN
Jan

CPS needs to be ABOLISHED!!
TIDDYBEAR

Re: Periods

Postby minniepauz » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:18 pm

well, Jan.....just don't go off your birth control!! This is very typical for some women. Some have gone nearly a full year without anything and then suddenly they're gushing. There's no way to tell for sure until you've had no periods (even spotting) for long enough to consider it (menopause) a done deal. Of course, there's still plenty of symptoms hanging around and it just keeps going on and on until finally you realize that you are doing pretty good and you feel that you've made it over the hump. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby TIDDYBEAR » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:27 pm

Thanks for the reply. I don't have to worry about going off birth control. I am blissfully sterile! lol (had my tubes tied) And, I guess I should have said I am 52 years old........

Jan
Jan

TIDDYBEAR

Postby ladydebubba » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:28 am

Hi Tiddybear. I have not had a period now since early January, and i had to ask my mom if I did indeed have one that month as I usually mark on a calendar when I start and I could not find where I charted it beyond early December. My mom told me mine didn't amount to anything that month so it must have just been spotting. I am having horrible bouts of hot flashes and starting to have bouts of night sweats. I cannot stand a long sleeve shirt on me even when it is cold as it makes me feel flushed. I used to be comfortable sleeping under two quilts during the winter, for the 3 or 4 weeks or so I have been cool when going to bed where I used both but ended up waking up in the night either soaking wet with sweat, and we've had colder weather than normal here a good deal of the winter, and I've ended up throwing off the quilts and just sleeping with the sheet. My husband has taken to cutting the temps back in the night to 65 to try and keep me from waking up hot. This is not easing up at all. I constantly have these weird chills just on my arms, no chill bumps. I have had bouts of this for years, probably as much as 4 or 5 years. So I am thinking I may be going through the menopause, but I will just have to wait and see. One thing about it, I don't have to buy any feminine products often now, as I buy a big bulk pack of them which has around 72 in the package. With things this way, I am not using many.
Last edited by ladydebubba on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa DOB:1960
Peri,
fibroids,
low grade cervical dysplasia (cryotherapy done Dec. 21st) (cured as of June 27th, 2009)
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby TIDDYBEAR » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:42 am

Hey........ BRING ON the hot flashes! BRING ON the night sweats! BRING ON the mood swings, even! If there ain't no blood dripping out down there, I am a HAPPY camper!!! lol

Jan
Jan

TIDDYBEAR

Postby ladydebubba » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:31 am

I wish I could think that way! :lol: But it is interfering with my sleep. One thing I have noticed over the past couple of years is a good deal of nervousness and anxiety, quite constant. I am on Lexapro to try and take care of my anxiety issues.
Lisa DOB:1960
Peri,
fibroids,
low grade cervical dysplasia (cryotherapy done Dec. 21st) (cured as of June 27th, 2009)
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause