starting up again

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

starting up again

Postby KayB » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:56 pm

I had thought I was going nuts with the various signs and symptoms of peri-menopause that I had... All of a sudden they seemed, about 6-9 months ago, to sort of dissipate.... I started having regular cycles again and no sleep issues, cold sweats or anything. In February my cycle was 2 weeks late and then I had another one, at the right time, two weeks later. I had one what I thought may have been a cold sweat although I didn't sweat--I was just very cold and had a hard time getting warm again even under 4 layers of blankets!

Lately I've started having gastric upsets again. It's about to drive me nuts! Part of my problem is that I am the type who takes every little "thing" and runs with it and I start to worry something is wrong...

Anyone else had this happen? I'll be 52 in June and my mother, now 86, was 57 before she stopped totally. Her sister was 54 I believe..
KayB
Combustible

Re: starting up again

Postby minniepauz » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:16 am

Sorry to hear you're back in the "throes", KayB :( It's not uncommon. The entire process of "changing" can take anywhere from 10 to 15 years with lots of fluctuations and changes in which symptoms are worse. We're all different so it's difficult, no...impossible, to lay down standard rules that women will follow. I've said many times that it's better to know what to expect than to think you're all done and have it hit you hard a few months (even a few years later)! Hang in there and try to deal with the most troublesome issues first and read, read, read. Ask your doctor if maybe the tiniest bit of hormones might work for you....and I hope you'll be feeling like yourself again real soon.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause