Nosebleeds anyone??

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Nosebleeds anyone??

Postby canuckmama » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:24 am

Well here's a new one....nosebleeds! I NEVER used to get them...even as a child they were rare with me. Lately I'm having one or two a month! I did a quick google search on this...and did get some articles..but not a whole lot. :banghead:

Anyone else??
canuckmama

Re: Nosebleeds anyone??

Postby minniepauz » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:33 am

I haven't heard of this as anything that would relate to menopause canuckmama, except that because of the hormonal changes our bodies start getting dry and that could include our nasal passages which could cause the nosebleeds. Many women tend to get more allergies during this time also, which could also bring on nosebleeds.

I don't have any experience with this, but I also did a search and found this message board has a lot of posts and feedback on the subject: http://index.healthboards.com/menopause ... ebleeds/1/

Hope that helps and keep us updated, ok?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby canuckmama » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:35 am

Thanks Dee! As a matter of fact, last week I had a nosebleed when I was with my mom. She asked if I was having them regularly...which I am. She then told me that when she was peri, she had them all the time! SHe said hers were particularly bad at night and upon waking up...so much so that she often doused her pillow with blood! She had a hysterctomy eventually.. and the nosebleeds went away....well not because of the hysterectomy :roll: but just from the hormones settling down I guess.

It does sound like it's a thinning issue problem....

I guess I'm trading bleeding from one spot to another! :banghead:

cheers!
canuckmama

Postby psexypsychic » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:24 pm

I take an OTC allergy pill every day along with prescription water pills (Hydrochlorothiazadide) for my edema. I used to get random nosebleeds due to getting too dried out, but they did seem to increase during the worst of my peri-years. I didn't associate the two, though!

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause