what is a hot flush

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

what is a hot flush

Postby vleitis » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:01 pm

Do hot flushes follow a prescribed pattern ?
Are they an all over body experience or limited to the upperbody, face ? etc
Do you just feel heat or do you go red as well ?

I am 51 years of age and new to the messageboard, and new to experiencing perimenopause I think (due to the change in my periods - which have become lighter and a little more erractic than was previously normal - although the last 3 have been perfectly timed)
vleitis

Postby Zero » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:08 pm

Vleitis, I moved your question into this section to keep it with another similar question about hot flashes. As you can see from some of the other answers, hot flashes can be really different from one woman to the next, but you can be sure it's a hot flash when you start wondering if that's what it is! :) If you're at a certain age, having fluctuations and irregularity with your periods, noticing that things don't seem like they've always been...well, try to accept that you may have some ups and downs in your future and then become as educated as possible about perimenopause and menopause. It will make things so much easier!

If you haven't seen the list of symptoms yet, they can be found at: http://www.minniepauz.com/35symptoms.html

This board is a great source of information and experiences too! If you use the search feature (above) and type in the keywords of your questions, you'll get a listing of all the posts related to those words. It's a quicker way to find specific info.

Welcome to the board and we wish you good health and a happy menopause! :)
Zero

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause