Does everyone get hot flashes?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Does everyone get hot flashes?

Postby wondering » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:14 pm

I'm 42 and have quite a few of the symptoms, but no hot flashes. I've been having some gastointestinal problems the past few months and wonder if it could be the beginnings of menopause.
wondering

Postby Zero » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:51 am

Not everyone gets hot flashes and everyone who does experiences a different level of intensity. Some women are fortunate enough to just breeze through the change with very little discomfort, yet some are extremely miserable..... This is why I say that awareness, education, support and a sense of humor are the keys to a positive transition!

Welcome to "Minnie's World"! :)
Zero

does everyone get hot flashes

Postby wondering » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:11 pm

Thank you very much for the info. I'll keep an eye on things.
wondering

hi again

Postby caraboo » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:10 pm

Hi Wondering

Just wondering (lol) what your gastrointestinal upset was like I have some also and am definitely in Peri at the moment with mild hot flashes

Thanks

Cara
caraboo

does everyone get hot flashes?

Postby wondering » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:56 pm

Hi Cara
I've been fighting bloating, diarhea, and cramping for a couple of months now. Doctor ran a bunch of tests, but everything came back neg. I've been taking slippery elm bark tea (yuck!) but it really seems to help as long as I don't eat any meat, dairy, sugar, eggs, oil or grease. On the bright side, I've lost almost 20 pounds.
wondering

Postby Caraboo » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:29 pm

Thanks very much for replying to me wondering i have been having similar problems major gas diarhea bloating nausea docs cant find anything wrong so i guess it must be aöther horribke symptom thanks again cara
Caraboo

does everyone get hot flashes?

Postby wondering » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:34 pm

Hi Cara
I'm starting to think this might be IBS. I read an article that increased fibre can more or less take care of the problem. I'm going to try gradually adding fibre powder as well as natural fibre like bran muffins and more raw fruits and vegs to my diet to see if it will help. Meanwhile, the slippery elm bark really does help.
wondering

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause