Erk...why is my body changing so much?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Erk...why is my body changing so much?

Postby tarnkappe » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:05 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and just wanted to give my situation and ask for other people's opinions. I'm only 23 and a couple of months ago, I started getting pretty mood swingy. So mood swingy that I started crying at touching movies (I never cry from movies). I was worried that I might be pregnant, but took tests and those came out negative. Now more weird feelings keep cropping up as the year passes. I've gained weight, my periods have stopped (though I still cramped up recently), my libido totally dissapeared, my mouth tastes strange (does that make any sense), and I've been craving sugar and alcohol. Also, my face randomly turns beet red and it feels like my ears are on fire. I wake up every morning sweating and get these weird feelings across my skin like someone zapped me with static electricity. I feel it's too premature to go see a doctor yet because the symptoms, annoying as they are, are tolerable and not having a period for a couple of months could just be stress. Any opinion/advice is welcome, thanks!
I never saw a purple cow,
I never hope to be one.
But I can tell you anyhow,
I'd rather see, than be one.
tarnkappe

Postby drjudy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:01 am

While your symptoms could be stress-related, I think this would be a good time to see your doctor for some tests of your endocrine (hormonal) system. You may have some sort of ovarian or other kind of dysfunction going on which could be treated, returning you back to a more comfortable body balance.

Please seek some advice soon--let us know how it goes!

Best wishes,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause