Flu Like Symptoms?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Flu Like Symptoms?

Postby Zetti » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:43 pm

If this were an isolated incident, I'd believe I'd had a virus and forget about it.

But, dang it, I went thru the same thing before, mb a mo ago.

I still have regular periods, ack.

Normally, the end of my period is the beginning of the best days of the month for me, so whatever hormone shifting goes on must agree w/me.

But last mo, I didn't pay enough attn to know if it was at the same stage of my cycle, I woke up in the am feeling like I had the flu, nausea, muscle aches, fatigue, I really couldn't do anything but go back to bed and let darling bf take care of the dogs for me.

This am, same deal exactly (minus bf who's at work).

Now I am wondering if this is yet another of dear peri's gifts? A day of flu like symptoms?

In any case, can someone please write me a note so I can call in sick from life today? Not scheduled to work today, but would really love to have an excuse to go back to bed.

Ack, ick.

Zetti
Zetti
Combustible

Postby Zero » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:00 pm

Dear Zetti....I command you to go back to bed!! :) Don't really think we can blame peri-menopause on your flu symptoms, but hey....if it makes you feel better, go ahead!

Hope you're feeling better real soon and make sure you take a good look at your nutrition and other elements of your surroundings. I've been sick many more times this (last year) season because I started getting my granddaughter on the bus in the mornings and I'm sure she's bringing me things from school!

I've seen all those shows about viruses on doorknobs, water faucets, etc. and I think this is how we're all spreading "stuff" to each other.
Zero

Postby Zetti » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:18 pm

Ok Minnie. I will honor your command!

Hummm, this certainly would be the right time for a virus, so much rain of late and all.

At least it's official, I have to go back to bed now!

Zetti
Zetti
Combustible

Postby drjudy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:08 pm

I don't have any fancy explanation for this, probably is two viral episodes. Hope you're feeling better.

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby Zetti » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:27 pm

drjudy wrote:I don't have any fancy explanation for this, probably is two viral episodes. Hope you're feeling better.

Judy

Thank you, Dr Judy. It seems odd, tho doesn't it? 2 such episodes in such a sort time?

I figured out I can't blame peri for this one, not long after getting instructions from Dee to go back to bed, it got much much worse, I was definitely one sick pup.

Better today, but staying close to home anyway.

Zetti
Zetti
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause