All of a sudden - it hits!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

All of a sudden - it hits!

Postby Midaseyes » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:05 am

I'm 47, haven't had a period (other than the last 2 months) for about 1 yr. The doc has me on birth control pills still, but I've started just recently to have more problems. Night sweats (mostly during the week I'm supposed to have my period, but now even during the regular month), hot flashes (at any time), irritability (the tip of my tongue is gone from biting ie), loss of libido (DH is now highly irritated at me), sudden crying for no reason, and I'm sure there are other symptoms I'm forgetting (yeah, I know, another sign.) So I've fixed myself up with a doctor's appt. on Monday to see what can be done. Just wanted to introduce myself & will listen to any helpful advice.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "wow, what a ride"!!
Midaseyes

Postby Zero » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:47 pm

Welcome, Midaseyes! Glad you found us here at minniepauz.com :) It's really amazing when we realize all this "weird" stuff is going on and then we decide to start checking it out on the internet and then find that thousands of women are experiencing the same kind of "weirdness". Although they may each have their own set of symptoms and some have more problems than others, it really bonds us as women and it's so comforting to know we're not alone. :)

As for your DH, have him take a look at this page and he'll know HE'S not alone either! :) http://www.minniepauz.com/4men.html
Zero

Postby drjudy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:11 am

Dear Midaseyes,

Sounds like you're right on schedule with the entire array of symptoms. I hope your doctor appointment tomorrow is helpful.

I love the quote with your signature. Did you write that? I'd like to use it if I may.

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

dr. appt.

Postby Midaseyes » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:57 pm

The doctor appt. did help. We have to wait till the week that I'm off the pill in order to run the blood test, but my symptoms aren't as bad while I'm on it. Its that week off that is the killer. We're going on vacation that week, though, so she said to just continue taking the pill that week and then we'll test the next time.

My signature? I didn't write it - I pilfered it from an email I got awhile back with cute sayings. Feel free to pilfer it at will!!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "wow, what a ride"!!
Midaseyes

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause