New and not sure of symptoms

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Postby biocce » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:15 pm

Zetti wrote:...puberty in reverse.

Zetti

That is just so perfectly put.
biocce
On Fire!

Mood Swings & Things

Postby lynie pause » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:50 pm

Hey Kasha,

I wanted to write back to you on the "Mood Swingy Thingy" LOL, I have those spirts alot one day I will be just fine and all is well with the world but then one thing or one word is said and I'm instantly set off.....crying at a drop of hat or going into angry thoughts, I never had been one to get angry very much I usually let things roll off my back but right now with this new transition, its up and down. I go through spells, I call them " Out of Body Experiences" my mind is foggy hard to focus on simple tasks, my mind if fuzzy and I just feel like I'm not there I hear people talking and asking me for things but I have hard time thinking, Lyn they are talking to you lol.....then I come back to earth and finish what I'm doing. Or I can go into a room and forget what I went after...I hate that!!! I feel alot like you gf.... :wink: One thing too that is hard I'm around so many that do not understand, my husband for one lol. So don't frett..you are not going mad.......your body is just playing tricks on you. So hang in there girl...and we will get through this.

Hang In, And Hang On,
Lynie Pause :lol:
lynie pause
Combustible

Re: Mood Swings & Things

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:27 am

lynie pause wrote:Hey Kasha,

I wanted to write back to you on the "Mood Swingy Thingy" LOL, I have those spirts alot one day I will be just fine and all is well with the world but then one thing or one word is said and I'm instantly set off.....crying at a drop of hat or going into angry thoughts, I never had been one to get angry very much I usually let things roll off my back but right now with this new transition, its up and down. I go through spells, I call them " Out of Body Experiences" my mind is foggy hard to focus on simple tasks, my mind if fuzzy and I just feel like I'm not there I hear people talking and asking me for things but I have hard time thinking, Lyn they are talking to you lol.....then I come back to earth and finish what I'm doing. Or I can go into a room and forget what I went after...I hate that!!! I feel alot like you gf.... :wink: One thing too that is hard I'm around so many that do not understand, my husband for one lol. So don't frett..you are not going mad.......your body is just playing tricks on you. So hang in there girl...and we will get through this.

Hang In, And Hang On,
Lynie Pause :lol:

I'm right there with you concerning the brain fog and mental block. Someone can be right infront of me talking and I'm having difficulty focusing on their conversation or understanding them. It's weird. I'm thankful that my hubby is understanding, but it took a moment before he realized exactly what I was going through. Sometimes he forgets because I put on such a good act of feeling "normal". He says that I should tell him, but I'm tired of feeling yuck and telling people that I feel yuck.

Besides the spacey feeling I would say the mood swings come in a close first place with the spacey feeling. My mood swings were so rapid that I was being to think I had other issues. I mean I'd go from happy, doom and gloom, irritable, and happy again with in a 30 minute period of time. I also wanted to remain away from people for their sake :lol: .

It's annoying when the day is sunny, warm and simply beautiful, but I feel blah, moody, stricken with major brain fog and spacey feeling. People around me will comment on how lovely the day is and I'm thinking not in my spacey world.

Does anyone else deal with feeling spacey 24/7? Help!

Postby Zetti » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:06 pm

biocce wrote:
Zetti wrote:...puberty in reverse.

Zetti

That is just so perfectly put.

Why thank you, Biocce.

Hah bf and I were eating string cheese one day, the kind that come w/little riddles on the wrappers, he got one that asked what is the memory span of a goldfish? Answer: 3 seconds.

I adopted that as my explanation when he asks me something that requires short term memory: hey, it's me, goldfish girl!

It kinda reminds him that short term memory is not my strong suit right now . . .

Zetti
Zetti
Combustible

Postby Zero » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:21 pm

There you go! Another example of how humor can take the edge off for us and those around us! If you haven't tried it yet ladies, go for it! Make a joke out of forgetting where you put stuff! Hey, it can't be THIS bad:

When my youngest grandson said I looked like Grandpa because I had hair on my face....... I HAD to laugh! (of course, I had my first waxing soon after that!)
Zero

Postby Zetti » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:50 pm

Hah! I've done that! Looks like my fridge . . . I also often toss the plastic thingy from the coffee maker into the trash along w/the used filter and grounds.

Bf makes the coffee now.

I often remind him that I'm the Dorrie fish, if you saw Finding Nemo, Dorrie was the blue fish who was clearly peri meno, she had a huge problem w/short term memory . . .

So when he says *do you know where the (fill in the blank* is . . .* I can remind him about having Dorrie Days . . . and the answer is always NO.

Zetti
Zetti
Combustible

Postby biocce » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:49 am

dorrie fish, huh? My daughter has Findet Nemo (auf Deutsch). Maybe if i start calling myself that she'll understand!

at work i have people tell me things in the hall. finally i had to send an email asking people to send me an email for the things they wanted me to remember, as i have no short term memory. seems to be working a little better now....

t
biocce
On Fire!

husband survival

Postby trying to understand » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:27 pm

Sorry to get in here ladies, but how can a husband best survive and help his wife through this process?
trying to understand

Postby CathyW » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:11 pm

Hi trying to understand
How wonderful that you want to understand and help your wife!! The only advice I can offer is to be patient and to do lots of reading on the subject.This can be a very scary time for us women because we don't understand whats happening to our bodies. Some days our emotions are so out of control that we can't stand ourselfs. Some of the symptons can make us feel that this can't possibly be because of menopause so we must be dying or going crazy. This probably sounds like an exaggeration to you but I promise its not. Your wife will get through this and with the help of your understanding she will be stronger because of it. I wish you both health and happiness.

Cathy
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby Zero » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:46 am

This page might help also:
http://www.minniepauz.com/male-menopause.html

You are welcome to post here to. I'm sure some of the girls wouldn't mind hearing the male perspective. Sometimes I think we think it's worse than it really is and husbands really ARE trying to find a way to understand. :)
Zero

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause