im good today.........last week was the pits

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

im good today.........last week was the pits

Postby parts2you » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:37 pm

still no period since new years day (best i can remember,darn i got to start writing these things down!!)
with all the flu and such going around, it sure is hard to know what is what!!
last week i had two days of that achiness, stiffness, but this time my skin, from my backside to my ankles was a burning ache. it makes you look for a rash or red skin, which isnt there!! i have had this before evey now and then but this bout was the worse so far. more painful and more wide spread.
its better now, except for one little spot down by my ankle. so wierd.
i also had lots of early morning hot flashes last week, and disrupted sleep.
i also notice that if i sit too long, especially in this computer chair (i need a different one) i get more achey and stiff.
in the meantime, i am contantly looking like i am six months pregnant. even when i hardly eat.
my weight seems to just not want to budge, not coming down not going up. i was exercising pretty regularly but havent for the past few weeks because of the achiness, mostly.
i want to exercise, but can never seem to get the energy, even though i know that sometimes once i start, it does help even with that.
im still waiting for my water pills to get here in the mail, and i cant wait to see if it makes any difference in anything.though,what i seem to remember them help the most--head/dizziness/etc, i havent been bothered with lately. which i am very thankful for, because to me that is the symptoms that i find extremely hard to function with..a clear head makes a big difference.
hope you all are doing well and having a relaxing weekend.
parts2you
One HOT Woman!

Postby cin-d-rella » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:08 am

Hi there "parts2you",

All the things you wrote about....achiness, lack of energy, bloat.....sure sound familiar. Finally someone who says they were exercising but stopped because of achiness.......it sure seems to be vicious circle, doen't it ?

Well, more later and hang in there.......we are not alone. Cin-d-rella. :)
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Postby Zero » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:37 am

Right now is a very good time to PAMPER YOURSELF, every chance you get. Treat yourself to quiet time, do things that make you feel good, whether it's a bubble bath with candles or a cup of herbal tea with good reading material...... buy yourself a pair of "bath gloves" that exfoliate your skin (my greatest find this year!)..... My point is to concentrate on some ways that you can feel better, even for a little while. It gives your sub-concious mind some positive thoughts and feelings to bring to the forefront when you get caught up in all the things that are going wrong.

When you're feeling more positive, you are more open to solving problems, finding solutions and feeling that you deserve the best!

Maybe it all sounds a little "zen", but creating a positive, loving atmosphere around ourselves really does help!
Zero

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause