dyslexic people out there please help

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

dyslexic people out there please help

Postby bernie » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:08 pm

I am 48 and think I have started menopause. The only way I can describe it is a virus attacking my body. I have been off ill,on and off ,since christmas and feel very low crying a lot and not able to cope with the pressures of work and everyday life. I don't know where to turn as I feel as though my family are fed up with me moaning. I spend my time going backwards and forwards to the doctors who seems just as puzzled as me with the strange symptoms, this is so depressing as I feel I have lost all my confidence, I have been a teacher in special needs for 24 years and now teach trainee teacher's to work with young people with autism as well as working with them myself. Also I'm dyslexic and this has got far worse and unperditable, am I going mad? I feel as though I am. Bernie
bernie

Postby Zero » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:44 pm

Unfortunately, bernie....you sound perfectly normal to us! :) It's amazing how things can look differently once we find out we're not the only one feeling this way. You have found yourself in the midst of a bunch of new girlfriends who understand what you're going through. We will support you through thick and thin (yes, we're dealing with weight issues too!), and all you have to do is ask "how do I.....?" and you'll get many ideas and suggestions and shared experiences.

Tackling this time of life IS a challenge and you have some work to do, but it's not the end of the world, just a new phase. If you make up your mind to figure out what your body needs and take the time to read what your options are, you will find yourself feeling more in control and therefore be able to find the balance of health and happiness we all desire.
Zero

Postby drjudy » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:01 am

Dear Bernie,

You don't sound mad to me, you sound depressed, probably precipitated by dwindling levels of estrogen. Listen to what you say: low, can't cope, easy tears, no confidence, can't concentrate. Find a doctor who will pay attention to your perfectly clear message, because you are making complete sense to me. There is no reason you need to feel this bad!

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby Hopefully » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:03 pm

Bernie, you are just going through hormonal issues. You are definitely in good company at MinniePauz. Like yourself I'm also in education. Don't fret it's only hormones and there are options available. Please look into your options, keep posting here, and realize that it will get better. I'm a living testimony :).
Hopefully
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause