Spacey feeling 24/7

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Spacey feeling 24/7

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:29 am

Does anyone else feel spacey 24/7? Any suggestions on getting rid of this peri symptom? Thanks!

Postby drjudy » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:29 am

Spacey 24/7 sounds unpleasant! Could you be more specific about what that means to you?

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Out Of Body Experiences

Postby lynie pause » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:10 pm

Hello there, I have what I Out of Body Experiences I feel I'm floating and no one is home lol. My mind feels foggy I just don't feel like myself I also sometimes get headaches to around this time. Take care and keep your chin up.

Lynie
lynie pause
Combustible

Postby SofiaSofia » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:16 pm

Hi,

I go through times of a several days in a row when I feel spaced out and have trouble focusing/concentrating and get very easily distracted/confused. In a month's time, I have about 2-3 of these happen. To me it feels like a circuit is blown in my brain and there's a glitch in the electronic processing! It can be confusing and frustrating for sure.

I like the idea others have had about using post-it notes to help remember things. I also find I have to prioritize things (especially STOP trying to do everything all at once) and break down tasks at work into very clear steps to help me keep focused, and usually that helps some.

Sometimes when my confusion persists it is due to lack of sleep (another meno symptom!) and getting more rest can help. Hard to sleep, though, when your hormones are preventing it. What a bind!

Hope you get to feeling better.
Sofia
SofiaSofia
Warm Pauzer

Postby karyn » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:29 pm

I write everything on calendars around the house...and post it notes help also....And when on my weekly...ladies day out with my best friend(who has a memory like no other)I just say remember that for me....and when we get home she rights it all donw on a note pad for me.
karyn

Postby Zero » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:05 am

Keeping notes is my favorite way to remember too. I also rely on others to remind me of things, but we have to be careful because just like the other muscles in our body, if we don't use them, we lose them.

It's recommended that we should do memory exercises and games that are based on memory to keep sharp. Maybe I will have to develop a Minnie Pauz Memory Game (call it "now where did I put _____?") :P
Zero

Staying Focused

Postby lynie pause » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:48 pm

Hey Ladies,
I write down a journal myself writing down how often the symtoms hit that week and it seems to help when I do have a good week and I can look back on it or can realize how often I go in and out of stuff.... :cry: :roll: The cercut things sounds so true Sofia, I literally feel like I'm floating out of body and mind sometimes and think Lynie....come back. Or I feel so frusterated and crazy when my mind and memory goes in and out and hubby just looks at me dumb founded :roll: it's disturbing. He just bought me a motorcycle last week so we could have a hobby together once our son goes off to college this fall and we have something to focus on in our mid lives...and I just hope I can handle it and learn all there is to learn and obsorb it all and keep it locked and stored inside this feeble brain of mine lol. Wish me lucks ladies.....
Travel Down New Roads, See New Sites, Live For Today Before It Passes You By.....

Lynie 8)
lynie pause
Combustible

Postby Zero » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:08 pm

That's wonderful, Lynie!! You're fortunate to have a hubby with those kind of ideas. :) And you'll do fine! You should be proud of yourself to take up biking when many of us are looking at the rocking chair!! hahahah...I'm just kidding, Girls! But some of us are in better shape than others and I'm not one of them! I'm working on it though!
Zero

Thanks

Postby lynie pause » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:45 pm

Hey Dee,

Thanks Dee yes, it does helpo having something to focus on and I hope I can handle it some days I say yea.....go girl go..and other days I want to crawl under the sheets and be in my comfort zone lol. I know it will take me some time but I feel really good about having something to do together and something to bond us together in these trying times in our lives. I want to lose weight too I need to be able to get back into my leather chaps he bought me for my b day a couple of yrs. ago. You all have a grand day...Lynie :wink:
lynie pause
Combustible

Postby Zero » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:40 pm

Hey Lynie.....you guys will have to ride your bikes up here to see me in Michigan! Maybe you've got a single friend that doesn't have someone to ride with him????? :)
Zero

Biker Fun

Postby lynie pause » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:03 pm

Hey Dee,
Sounds like fun maybe we will have to give that a whirl sometime. I'm sure Carl could find a guy friend he has lots of men friends who ride motorcycles :lol: I myself need tons of practice to get out there on the open highway....wish we luck.....
Lynie
lynie pause
Combustible

lol

Postby lynie pause » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:05 pm

lol wish we luck sorry about that didn't proof read it before sending lol
wish me luck... :oops: :roll:
lynie pause
Combustible

space cadet!

Postby katzdu4 » Tue May 10, 2005 1:22 pm

I thought I've been losing my mind! You mean my confusion, forgetfulness and foggy feelings could be from this menopause mess!?!

I have times when I forget something as soon as I've heard it or feel like I'm looking out the windows of someone else's eyes. Seems like it is every day and my mind used to be so very sharp!

Does it ever end? I've tried all kinds of OTC products and drink lots & lots of soy milk but nothing seems to help. I have to fake some humor and just tell people I'm "having a senior moment" but it is quite embarrassing when you can't even finish a sentence.

~~Leandra
katzdu4

Postby drjudy » Sun May 15, 2005 10:33 am

Estrogen supports neurons in the brain that use serotonin, norepinephrine, and acetylcholine as neurotransmitters. These brave little cells are key players in mood, anxiety and attention, and memory. Pull the hormonal support out from under them, and we get sad, anxious, inattentive, and forgetful, especially with respect to verbal memory and word finding.

Great, huh?

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Out of Body

Postby Kandi » Fri May 27, 2005 5:30 pm

I undersatnd exactly what youa re talking about, there are days I just don't fit my body or my brain. Foggy, out of focus, just feels like I can't wake up, I find it is usually on the overcast days outside,if the sun is shinning and the day is cool--I usually am too. It is nice to know we are not alone and that we are all going meno-crazy together.
I also bought myself a motorcycle when I turned 42 that was 7 years ago,I took the riders course and my 1998 Harley Davidson and I have had some good times together. Nothing like having a Hot Flash while traveling down the road with the wind blowing it away!
Keep your rubber side down and ride safe!
Kandi
I need to post my e-mail so i can hear from those of you who maybe heading up here to Canada.
dkwood@oberon.ark.com
Kandi

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause