Spacey feeling 24/7

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Postby drjudy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:52 pm

Hi Kandi,

I feel like I'd be more appropriately placed on a Moped than a Harley. I like the vision of you flashing down the highway on a Harley while flashing!

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Short Circuit

Postby Pickles » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:35 pm

I'm always drawn to the comments about fogginess, etc. I'm currently 51 yrs. of age and have been down the perimenopause road for about 3 yrs. now. I can handle most symptoms, but the head thing really bothers me. I experience a short circuit in my head - almost like going into a room and quickly turning on and then off the light switch. I'm fine one moment, then I suffer a bit of a lapse; my head just feels like it takes a dip. I don't really feel "foggy" at these times; really just like being on a real quick roller coaster ride. When these episodes happens, my heart rate jumps sky high. They scare me - I think brain tumor, stroke, etc. I'm on Lexapro and a low dose BCP. Sometimes I'm almost convinced it's a sinus symptom.......anyone else taking a ride like I am?
*** This, too, shall pass *** (but when?)
Pickles

Postby Hopefully » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:20 pm

Oh yes! I'm very familiar with that spacey feeling. It's difficult to describe this feeling...it's almost like feeling lightheaded all the time, or that drowsy feeling you have when you first wake up in the morning. In my case there are varied intensity of this feeling. Some days it's so mild that I feel "normal" again. Then there are days that I have to force myself to try and ignore that sensation.

I thank God that I'm not where I was a couple of years ago and I truly look forward to having all of this behind me. Yes, this too will pass...when? If you find out let me know :).
Hopefully
Combustible

spacey feeling

Postby berykute » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:41 pm

That spacey feeling could be a form of anxiety. Talk to your doctor about it. :!:
berykute
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause