Lack of confidence

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Lack of confidence

Postby newat52 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:29 pm

Lately I've been experiencing a lack of confidence in myself along with feelings of being irritable, with myself and just about everyone else. Are there any other ladies out there, who although usually confident in themselves that are experiencing this????? :?
newat52

Postby Hopefully » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:43 pm

I know what you mean, it is all just part of this transition period. Your self confidence will return as you begin to feel better. Just look around at all the wonderful women who are postmenopausal and the great contributions they have made in art, music, politics, education, etc. My mother also had a difficult time going through menopause, and now she is so energetic, positive, and enthusiastic. This too shall pass.
Hopefully
Combustible

Re: Lack of confidence

Postby Zero » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:26 am

newat52 wrote:Lately I've been experiencing a lack of confidence in myself along with feelings of being irritable, with myself and just about everyone else. Are there any other ladies out there, who although usually confident in themselves that are experiencing this????? :?

Yup, it seems to be very common, as well as anxiety attacks and a lack of focus. Any and all of these things can make you think you're "losing it", especially when you've never felt these things before. It really helps to know you're not alone and that it can all be hormone related. With self-education and patience, you can usually find a new sense of balance and even new confidence!
Zero

Postby pamibe » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:51 am

Welcome to the forum! :D

I'd always been very self-confident... up until the past few years. It's confusing and disheartening, but I take it one day at a time... :? For me part of it is the changes I see with my body... hair thinning, loose skin, wrinkles on wrinkles... It's like a 25 year old looking in the mirror and seeing a 50 year old! :lol:

Good luck to all of us dealing with menopause and aging!

pam
pamibe

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:01 pm

Thanks to all for the input on my question. I know what you mean about a 25 year old looking in the mirror and seeing a 50 year old woman! It's quite a shocker to be standing in front of a mirror next to a 34 year old woman and realizing that you have turned into your mother. You know you're body is aging but you still feel the same inside. Oh well, such is the life of women! thanks again. :D

Postby karyn » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:59 pm

glad to hear it's not just me...i get these fellings when driving,alot.....all of a sudden i'm not sure of where i am...or what to do...kinda freaked me a tad...glad i came on here today.
karyn

Postby Guest » Sun May 22, 2005 9:15 am

Me too!! just no confidence at all in this peri ride!! Somedays I feel like the old me, then bam..hormones start playing tricks on me and I think no one likes me, things I say or do are silly..wow, this peri is annoying, we'll hang in together, at least we're not alone in this ride.

great to have others to talk with (((Hugs))))

oh, and I' almost 52

Postby Guest » Sun May 22, 2005 9:17 am

I'm registered as fiona, but it says guest? But it's fiona here!! Hi All :)

Postby Zero » Sun May 22, 2005 1:11 pm

fiona, you have to make sure you're "logged in" (up at the top) for your name to show up. I think I might go back to making everyone register, then we won't have this "guest" confusion. :)
Zero

Postby Guest » Sun May 22, 2005 1:25 pm

Thank's Dee!! I thought it was because I'd been inactive for awhile, I appreciate your reply, I'm going to post more, this is a great site!!!

(((Hugs)))

Postby fiona » Sun May 22, 2005 3:20 pm

Dee~~I have logged on and it says I'm online at the bottom, but guest keeps coming up. Am I doing something wrong?? Thank You Dee :)

Fiona
Being listened to is so close to being loved that most people cannot tell the difference
~David Oxberg~
fiona
Combustible

Postby fiona » Sun May 22, 2005 3:22 pm

Ok..Dee, this time my name came up!! Thank's for your help :)

((((Hugs))))
Being listened to is so close to being loved that most people cannot tell the difference
~David Oxberg~
fiona
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause