ok,ill bet NOBODY gets this symptom!!!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

ok,ill bet NOBODY gets this symptom!!!

Postby parts2you » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:56 pm

Ive had a little phase of feeling quite well. ive also been eating healthier, and once again for lent gave up all chocolate candy bars!! ive cut down on my coffee, and half and half....... my bloat seems to be better--not gone every day but better....and some days i see a five lb difference on the scale. other days its less, go figure......well anyway, last week i thought i was about to get my period. i had a day of feeling very tired, alittle crampy, but my big pre-period symptom that i have gotten alot is............are you ready for this........my NOSE gets sore!!!!!!!!!! it hurts to rub a tissue on it.................i never did get my period-still----and the nose thing only lasted a day or two as compared with almost a week when i do get my period. now is that a wierd pms symptom or what?????????????????????? i used to also sometimes get a breakout pre-period that stung like a fever blister but was not on my lips, usually on my chin or to the side of my lips. havent had that one for awhile though......thank God, for it leaves scars which take forever to fade.
why am i so wierd??????????????????????????????????????
parts2you
One HOT Woman!

Postby Zero » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:46 am

Let's not say "weird"......uhhhhh, let's say "unique"!! :D There, doesn't that feel better? hahahah
Zero

Postby pamibe » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:44 am

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better without chocolate, parts...! I gave up blogging for Lent; can't go without chocolate that long! :lol:

Wonder why your nose gets sore?! :shock: I keep thinking someone's told me that before, but can't remember who... Memory's gone!

pam
pamibe

sore nose etc....

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:01 am

Hi Parts2you,

I also get some wierd symptoms before my period. One is a nasty little sinus headache.....every month for 2 or 3 days. Sometimes my hair hurts, and my gums get swollen and sore, or I get a canker sore. I used to get a cold sore as big as one side of my face.....never had before in my life until the "peri" !! :shock:

Hey, the good thing is......we are coming to the end of the whole deal............RIGHT ?? 8)

Sometimes just before my period, when I am getting some unpleasant symptoms, I just take a day and do nothing and DON"T FEEL AT ALL GUILTY ABOUT IT. It really helps to invest a bit of time in yourself.

I think I might go for a nice massage soon, as I think I have a bit of a pinched nerve in my neck..........too much spying on the neighbors (KIDDING). :lol: :lol: :lol:

sore nose etc....

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:03 am

Oops.......forgot to put my signature on the last post.........All the best, Cin-d-rella.

Weird symtoms...

Postby mommasaunn » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:25 pm

Well my nose doesn't get sore, that is different. lol! Hi! I am a newbie...hoping this place can be my salvation. Men just don't understand it do they? :o(
One symptom I am having now I was wondering if anyone else can relate, it feels like bladder spasms? I had test done a few years ago when I was having these same symptoms and they revealed nothing wrong, no infection in bladder or kidneys. Was just wondering if this is a pre-menapausal symtom, cause it is driving me nuts! Along with fifty million other things! I really need some friends who can relate...feel like I'm loosing my mind! My dear sweet mother who is 71 yrs old and healthy as a horse, says just remember darling...you will live thru this! "Sometimes
I really wonder!" lol! Help!! :o)
mommasaunn

Postby SofiaSofia » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:35 pm

Hi,

My nose doesn't get sore, but I sure do get the sinus headache (and sometimes a migraine, too) before & after my periods. I also get burning mouth/tongue and canker sores. L-Lysine helps the canker sores and skin breakouts a bit. Don't know if it'd do anything for sore nose....ouch! :shock:

Sofia
SofiaSofia
Warm Pauzer

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:25 pm

cold sore and sore nose here......i was thinking,how strange,but i guess not....it helps to check this board to make sure ones not going nuts.....But i'm dealing with the Peri and arthritis at he same time....oh joy!..

arthritis symptoms

Postby mommasaunn » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:37 pm

You know I was scared to death two years ago when my peri menopause started that I was getting arthritis, a dr. talked me into trying the low dose birth control pill for my severe cramping, after about 7 or 8 months it helped the cramping and the arthritic pains in my hands, knees, and feet. But I ended up in the hospital with my blood pressure sky high. I threw away the bc pills as of March 1rst, and I'm praying the pains in my hands, feet, and knees, don't come back...but now I do know it was because my hormones were so screwed up that I had the pains in the first place. I am reseaching natural alternatives, for my severe cramping, and aches and pains now. I pray I find something that works.
I am so sick of taking medicine!
If God brings you to it...He will bring you thru it!
mommasaunn

Postby Zetti » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:18 pm

I usually get a stuffy nose right before my period, actually feels like I'm catching a cold but it's not.

I used to get wicked migraines at the tail end of my period (knocking on wood over here) and they have finally seemed to let up. Doc says that means there probably are hormone changes going on. So it's not all bad . . .

I also get the low backache right before my period as well. PMS has become much worse than it used to be.

It does help me tho to realize that there are physical reasons for feeling the way I do sometimes, kinda helps me ride it out a bit more easily.

Zetti
Zetti
Combustible

Postby MIZZJEM » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:27 am

RATED R
Not only do my gums get real sore but.... my nipples get so sore for about a week that I can hardly towel off after a shower because of the sensitivity. I have to wear a camisole or bra even to bed because it hurts me soooo bad :cry: Not too sexy is it?
MIZZJEM
Warm Pauzer

Postby Zero » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:19 am

Ouch Mizzjem!! Sounds like we're going to have to start a new symptoms list, doesn't it? :)
Zero

Nose and cold sores, and menses

Postby kdoc » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:26 am

For the last decade, whenever I was getting my period I was also likely to get a cold sore (monthly). I had the blisters checked out and learned that it's caused by a herpes simplex virus. For me, there's been a very clear correlation between hormones and fever blisters, cold sores, whatever you wanna call it. A couple months ago I had to undergo an colonoscopy, which entailed putting a huge stress on my body with mega-dose of laxatives right at the time I was getting my period. It didn't occur to me that I might want to reschedule this. Well, that herpes virus remapped to the nerves in my nose - an outbreak that had my nose skewed to one side due to swelling/blisters inside my nostril. The docs put me on a big dose of acyclovir, an antiviral and a continuing prescription to use it as a preventive - which works for some but not others. This is my first read (and post) to this bulletinboard - I'm disappointed to learn, but VERY GRATEFUL for the advance knowledge, that the fluctuating hormone levels might actually see an increase (or renewal, as I've not had menses for a couple months) and new unpredicatable pattern to these viral outbreaks. I wonder if people with genital herpes might not have noticed a similar correlation between outbreaks and changing hormone levels.
kdoc

Postby Zero » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:30 am

Welcome to the forum, kdoc!

"I wonder if people with genital herpes might not have noticed a similar correlation between outbreaks and changing hormone levels."

Dr. Judy may have some information or thoughts on that. You might also want to do a search for something like "herpes and hormone levels". It's amazing what info can be found now.

Thanks for contributing to our little corner of the world! :)
Zero

Nasal problems

Postby wendie » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:41 am

Hi all, I don't get a particularly sore nose, but it does run an awful lot, and I always feel like I have a cold, just for the day, before my period starts. I also get a really bad sinus-type headache, like some of you other girls, but with the weather here in Britain, it's little wonder we feel worse than you do! I have been over to Florida on several holidays, and experienced.................absolutely nothing, and I've been at different times of my cycle, so my conclusion is that if you have sunshine daily, regularly, you cope with it better or have nothing to cope with at all! This also leads me to believe that I might be a hypochondriac too ! God bless America, I love visiting you!!!!!xxxx It's the only time I feel good and healthy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wendie
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause