Sleepless in Pennsylvania

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Sleepless in Pennsylvania

Postby newat52 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:46 pm

I feel so much better reading that I am not the only one having difficulty sleeping at night. For the past few weeks I've woken up in the middle of the night and am unable to get back to sleep. Plus, my mind just seems to get so negative. I feel anxious and start worrying about things that are ridiculous. And while intellectualy my mind knows it's ridiculous, my emotions are all over the place. Also, my "hot flashes" seem very different than symptoms I've been reading about. My hot flashes are more of a heat surge. Has anyone experienced this?

I couldn't help but think tonight of what women did who lived centuries ago when this time of life would probably have been considered a taboo subject. I wonder how they ever managed!
newat52

Postby drjudy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:43 pm

I don't think women centuries ago generally lived past menopause. And if they did, I suspect that different diets and lifestyles made it an entirely different experience.

Negative? Check. Anxious? Check. Emotions all over the place? Check. Heat surges? Double check. You sound normal in every regard.

Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:31 am

drjudy wrote: Negative? Check. Anxious? Check. Emotions all over the place? Check. Heat surges? Double check.

Hey, you just described ME!!! :lol:

Postby Zero » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:46 am

And about 40 million other women!! :)
Zero

Postby purple2 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:40 pm

SURGE is a Good word...I sometimes feel like im going to spontanius comust... I feel JUSt like an oven set at 1000 degrees. so you sweat, and you then get chills. An I was wondering, If anyone has THIS symptom, Food tastes funny for about a week, here and there. I read back in the 70's some women drank because of their symptoms. That would just be ANOTHER problem In My opinion. I tried sleeping pills from doctor...NOTHING. Its more of an anxiety problem. But every since my last bad bout with the night sweats and other stuff was the past 2 weeks. Its getting better again. It just keeps getting added on every time. I have PMS symptoms now:*(
Here am wondering if tonight will be good or bad. Doctors dont either know or care, or believe. I just cant figureit out. I must say im going away with my girlfriend who has a husband and 4 kids (Me and My hubby have 4 kids too) for a mini vacation. We take it every year and I hope I can JUST relax (its over my birthday and mothers day, in Bermuda ON beach)!!!
She will help me. I even have anxiety about my trip, i take it every year, Im just so PERI right now, I can feel it. And It doesnt feel good at all.
But I guess my biggest gripe is SLEEP, I just want sleep, and not just one night, a constant thing.. Got to go to bed RIGHT now, Im already 1 hour past my bedtime. Take care ladies ~ Purple
I used to be cold all the time....
purple2

sleepless in alabama too

Postby hnasc » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:42 pm

I was so glad to read your post. Sorry that you are suffering but glad to know I'm not insane. The negative thoughts are what threw me the most. I knew having trouble sleeping was a symptom of menopause and I was sort of prepared for that but it's the state of my mind when I do wake up that is so troublesome to me.

Have you found anything to help shift your thoughts in those wee hours of the morning?
Whose body is this and what did they do with mine?
hnasc

sleeplessness

Postby DanMc1647@comcast.net » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:34 pm

I use to have insomnia and a friend recommended Natural Calm that is Magnesium powder. The theory is we are getting to much calcium and need Magnesium to absorb the calcium. It WORKS. Many of my menopausal friends are using this and are sleeping again.
DanMc1647@comcast.net

natural calm

Postby hnasc » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:06 pm

I actually already use natural calm and I do think it's a great product. It helps a lot with muscle pain in the legs at night but doesn't stop the hot flashes that wake me up.

I just started on pregnenolone a few days ago and i must say it has completely stopped them. i'm a little amazed and holding my breath
but i've had at least 5 nights in a row with no wet sheets from sweating.
Whose body is this and what did they do with mine?
hnasc

Postby Zero » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:55 am

Is pregnenolone a prescription drug?
Zero

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause