Still having periods

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Still having periods

Postby marybf » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Ok so started peri menopause 8yrs ago and although they have tapered right off now I still get one every so often, about every 5-6 months now am 58. I know when one is going to happen all the usual symptoms worst being feeling very anxious and weepy, but have also noticed that when I get these symptoms I also suffer with horrendous indigestion, pain belching trapped wind, constipation, nausea etc. Once I have a period which usually last one or two days all these symptoms down and am fine for another few months. I read a report that hormones can aggravate digestive issues.Does anyone else get this or is it just me.
Too old to be young, too young to be old
marybf

Re: Still having periods

Postby minniepauz » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:03 pm

marybf wrote:Ok so started peri menopause 8yrs ago and although they have tapered right off now I still get one every so often, about every 5-6 months now am 58. I know when one is going to happen all the usual symptoms worst being feeling very anxious and weepy, but have also noticed that when I get these symptoms I also suffer with horrendous indigestion, pain belching trapped wind, constipation, nausea etc. Once I have a period which usually last one or two days all these symptoms down and am fine for another few months. I read a report that hormones can aggravate digestive issues.Does anyone else get this or is it just me.

Mary....sorry about the LONG delay in answering your post, but there's been some major work being done on the site. Hope you're still with me here! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause