Sorting out the changes!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Sorting out the changes!

Postby foxferous » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:29 pm

Hi! It is great to know that so many people are looking into what is really happening in our lives at this time.
I just turned 45 and 2 years ago I had a period every other month right on time. I thought it might be menopause but it went back to normal.Sometimes I wake up so hot at night or I feel flushed in the daytime for no reason. I didn't think it was hot flashes because I never have broke out in a sweat.
My man has told me my moods are a "little" out of control. My first response was "yeah right" and "what about yours!?" poor man.
Now i haven't had a period since December 16th and my worrying about it caused me to feel symptoms so I got a pregnancy test which of course turned out negative.
No more denial I am definitely there. Now I need to figure out what to do to even myself out.
Some people say to try Estroven but I am worried because I am an herbal person. I need to find a natural fix,but am told that we need the Estrogen for our brain strength. Any truth in this?
I am trying to be open to all options. Thanks...Foxferous
foxferous
Warm Pauzer

Postby Zero » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:48 am

Foxferous, Estroven IS an herbal product. Here's the ingredients:
Soy Isoflavones
Soybeans are very rich sources of phytoestrogens called isoflavones. The specific plant estrogens in soy include daidzein and genistein.

Standardized Black Cohosh
Black cohosh is a rich herbal source of natural phytoestrogens that has been clinically shown to reduce hot flashes.* It has been used for centuries throughout the world to provide support for many areas of female health.

Calcium and Boron
Estroven is a good source of supplemental calcium to support strong bones.* Boron is an essential nutrient which aids calcium absorption.*

Natural Vitamin E, B-12, B-6 and Folic Acid
Vitamins E, B-6, B-12 and folic acid have been extensively researched, and all play an integral role in supporting cardiovascular health.*

Estroven Calming Herbal Blend
A natural blend of traditional herbs used to reduce irritability and get a good night's sleep.*

B Vitamins
Thiamin (B-1), riboflavin (B-2), and niacin (B-3) work together to transform carbohydrates in your diet into energy.*

And your body still continues to make estrogen, just not as much as you've always had. Our estrogen levels actually start dropping earlier than we're aware of. What you need to do is read, read, read and then start experimenting and eliminating what doesn't work for you. Just remember, NOTHING is going to eliminate ALL your symptoms, so finding your own balance of what makes you feel better should be your goal.

It's not going to be easy and it's not going to be fast. That's why I always say that our attitude is the most important. And in my book, the best way to maintain a good attitude is to be educated about what is going on with your body and keep your sense of humor fine-tuned!! Have you joined my newsletter list? Have you looked at the cartoons? It's really hard to keep a straight face after you see how "Minnie" solves her menopausal problems! :)
Zero

Thanks!

Postby foxferous » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:20 pm

Hi! Thanks for the awesome response and the knowledge along with it. I haven't yet seen the newspaper but that is a must now. The comics are great and actually I first saw the one for men, sent that to mine and then got to this forum from that. So thanks again. I am feeling much better now that I am learning more about what I am up against. Just life which I love in all shapes, sizes and adjustments. I love to grow and if I didn't this would be a dull world.
Thanks again! Jennie
foxferous
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause