COLD, COLD, COLD!!!

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

COLD, COLD, COLD!!!

Postby SUZYQ » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:30 am

I am 44 and always COLD :shock: , even when it is 70-80 outside I am still chilled and cold, my husband is getting pretty frustrated as I get in bed with sweat pants and sweat shirt and heavy socks, 3 blankets and a comforter(as he lays there and sweats!!) I sit at work with a heater and the building is 75 degrees. My hands, nose and feet are always cold. I have also been experiencing alot of light headedness in the past month. And of course the fatigue!! My Gosh!!! All I want to do is sleep! Does anyone else feel this cold symptom?
SUZYQ
Hot Pauzer

Postby colopam » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:13 pm

Hey SuzyQ!!

Have you had your thyroid checked???? I was always cold when it was out of whack and TIIIIIIRRREEED!!!! These have improved with getting my thyroid under control, hey at least it's a place to start!! Good luck girl and keep warm!!!! (p.s. I grew up in Colorado, dry heat and dry cold, and never really have gotten used to AC, fans and swamp coolers were the norm then, so I freeze in the AC here in FL!!!) Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Thyroid

Postby SUZYQ » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:07 am

Pam,
Boy have I had tests. July of 2004, I had.....CT scan from neck to hips, endoscopy, colonoscopy, all blood work 4 times(all the TH level tests in a thourough study) ate a radioactive egg to see how fast my stomach could empty (digestive problems), thyroid, liver, kidneys and also checked for a special test for chrons and seliac disease. OH... I forgot to mention a nuclear stress test for my heart because of all the palpitations and weird stuff there too! I ended up in the hospital 3 times since late 2003 trying to figure out what was wrong with me! Well the final diagnosis was ..."NOTHING"! I was so frustrated after all those tests, I sat and cried for an hour telling myself they don't know what they are talking about. I know how I feel and how anxious and how much anxiety I have, but everyone says you are fine. Last year I also gave up smoking in July 2004 and caffeine. Then started all this other stuff, I thought I was literally dying! Then it hit me...I think you are starting the "Peri-M" word!! I am sooooo glad to have found this site and see that alot of others are having some same symptoms. I can't figure out the cold part yet since everyone seems to be having Hot flashes. I have had a few night sweats about 3-4 months ago, but nothing since. My husband always teases me because I can go out on the beach in 90 degree weather and be the only one out there with goose bumps in the sun... LOL
Thanks for the response and It is so nice to be here on Minnies site!
SUZYQ
Hot Pauzer

Postby colopam » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:36 pm

SuzyQ
Yeh! I get the strange looks when I walk into the restaurants here with a long sleeved sweater LOL!!! You have been thru the mill haven't you! Well you are in good company here and maybe someone will have a suggestion!! Till then keep wam and keep you chin up!!!! Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Maebear » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:16 pm

I'm cold too! I am currently on Synthroid (my thyroid crapped out after baby#2) and my levels are normal on medication. But I get cold too. Not all the time but occasional shivers which cause me to pile on the sweaters and blankets. On a really good night I get hot and cold, it's like a freaking fashion show at 1am. "Here's Tracy in a beautiful pair of pilled flannel pajama bottoms and one of her husband's old race t-shirts." "And here's Tracy in boxer shorts and a tank top, look how the fabric breathes while she fans herself in front of the open window." My husband in particular enjoys the thrashing as I pull up and push down our 4 layers of blankets on the bed, and the bumping around after one of my 2-3 trips to the bathroom. He's a lucky man! ;)
Tracy
Maebear

Postby Zero » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:59 am

Thanks for the laugh this morning, Tracy! That's a riot!!
Zero

THYROID

Postby SUZYQ » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:52 am

That was too hysterical!!! I have already warned my husband about what everyone says when you get hot flashes during the night!! I know my beagle and husband will both be leaving the room for the spare one!
SUZYQ
Hot Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause