Anyone on progesterone?

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

Anyone on progesterone?

Postby cmoc » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:13 am

Is anyone taking progesterone, either the natural cream or progesterone tablets, can you give your experience on this? I have been shown to have high oestradial at this time and my bleeding is continuous, cant remember when I last didnt have a pad on. Also, the period pains are there continuously and then severe cramps on the period. Does the progesterone help, and what side effects are you getting from the progesterone. I know, when I have had it in the past I have had more migraine and dizziness, looks like a toss up between which symptoms I want.

Chris
cmoc
On Fire!

Postby anonymous22 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:51 am

Chris,
If you are using natural bio-identical progesterone cream it should decrease migraines, along with the other symptoms you mention. Synthetic progestin can have lots of side effects in comparison.
Look for a cream that contains only the progesterone and the cream. You have to be careful because some of the manufacturers have added phyto-estrogens, and it sounds like you already have too much estrogen and certainly don't want anymore. This can be another reason why it would give you headaches...
Here are a link to a page about progesterone. There are links in there to find specific information. It is from my hysterectomy website Hyster Home, but still has valueable information for you
http://pub188.ezboard.com/fhysterhomefr ... -99&stop=0
Best Wishes and let me know if you have questions
anonymous22
On Fire!

Postby Zero » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:06 am

Thanks a bunch, Becky!! :) I'm pulling my hair out trying to answer posts and appreciate experts like yourself helping out!
Zero

Postby cmoc » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:26 am

Thanks Becky, I have to do something fast to relieve these unbearable cramps and clotting. After being up the menopause clinic, they did a biopsy to check the lining and it was really painful when they did it, plus a period was due in a couple of days, well, result, have been in bed last 3 days with high temperature and severe stomach pain, they must have given me an infection. Now the period has started on top of it, extremely bad cramps and clotting, I am in the UK so I tried the link but couldnt see where to get some in the UK, I will scour the sites more later, but need to go and lay down again and cramping up again. By the way, the clinic suggested a progesterone ring but said I would have to have an anaesthetic to have it put up, I dont want to go near there again!

Chris
cmoc
On Fire!

Postby anonymous22 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:26 pm

Chris
I hope you are being treated for the infection that you said you got from the endometrial biopsy. I had an endometrial biopsy and I found it very painful as well..I hope you are feeling better soon

In order to find progesterone cream, I typed in

Where to find progesterone in the UK

it brough up a whole page of stuff...I did look at this one..which was the first one on the list and it looked pretty good. I hope this helps you

http://www.progesterone.co.uk
anonymous22
On Fire!

Postby cmoc » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:16 pm

Thanks for that Becky, I have just crawled out of my sick bed where I have been for the last 3 days with severe period cramps, clotty period, pelvic infection pain and high temperature, I am not a happy bunny at the moment. The doxycycline didnt touch the temperature or pelvic pain and I am now on Amoxylin and metronadizole, still the temperature keeps going up and still, the pelvic cramps, I am hoping this combination will start working by tomorrow. Thank you for your help, I will get onto the progesterone cream as soon as I am able to do anything.

Best Wishes

Chris
cmoc
On Fire!

Postby anonymous22 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:22 pm

Chris,
I would recommend that you go to the emergency room if your infection is getting worse and not better. Often uterine infections need to be treated with IV antibiotics because of the abundance of blood flow to and from the uterus. This is not something to mess around with. If you end up with infection in your blood stream you will have a much worse problem. Please if you still have not broken the fever and it is rising as you said go to your emergency room and get proper medical attention.
let us know how you are doing
anonymous22
On Fire!

Postby drjudy » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:23 pm

I agree with Becky, don't let this slide. Ask your doctor about adding an antibiotic from the fluroquinolone class. The two that you are on don't necessarily kill gram negative bacteria.
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby cmoc » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:24 pm

Well you were right, after a week at home on oral antibiotics, I was taken into hospital and put on IV antibiotics for 4 days, still, no result, finally, they did a scan and saw that both fallopian tubes were badly affected from the infection and I had to be operated on and have them both removed, I am still in shock, but home from hospital, where I was for two weeks. To top it all, I started a period right after the op and it was painful with clots, the surgeon said, the next one should be better now the infection is gone.

Cant believe the stuff we go through as women :cry:

Best Wishes

Chris
cmoc
On Fire!

Postby Zero » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:49 pm

Wow, Chris! I'm glad to hear you're home and doing ok after all that! That's one thing about internet "friends"....you never know what's going on if you don't hear from them for awhile. Thanks for letting us know...it may very well help someone else!
Dee
Zero

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause