brain dead or just memory challenged

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

brain dead or just memory challenged

Postby digregg » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:22 pm

Apart from sleep problems the only other real symptom i suffer from is i dont know whether i am coming into a room or leaving it. !!:?Is this embarrasing short term memory loss a real symptom or just old age? Does anyone else have to go back to where they came from in order to remember why they walked so purposely from where they were in the first place !! :!: :?:
Di Gregg

Laugh and the whole world will laugh with you. Cry and the minniepauzers will send you hugs !!!
digregg
On Fire!

Postby Zero » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:24 am

Yes, I know that feeling well..... I even did a cartoon about it (of course!)
Zero

Brain Dead

Postby dcamp » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:56 am

Good morning

Haven't been around much this week. Been a crazy week at school. I don't even know if this will post. I've been having trouble posting. With me, I am sure I am brain dead. I can walk down two flights of stairs and wonder why I'm there in the first place. A few months ago I went down the basement to throw a load of clothes in the dryer and forgot how to turn the dryer on! No, it wasn't new. I've had the same one for 10 years. Thank goodness that hasn't happened again. I told myself it was because I have too many things on my mind at the same time. That satisfied me for the moment. I just hope I don't get to the point where I start telling the same stories over and over and over again---then I know I will have gone over the deep end. I just hope I don't get to the point where I start telling the same stories over and over and over again----then I know I will have gone over the deep end. Did I mention about the time I forgot how to turn on the dryer? Hah!!!! Gotcha. Gotta go. Bell is about to ring. Have a great weekend everybody. Donna
dcamp

Postby Zero » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:04 am

Yeah, Donna!!! You're able to post again.... I still think we confused the board the other day! :) Glad to see you back!

Everyone should check out http://www.minniepauz.com/minniemoments.html and you'll never wonder if you're the only one doing silly things!
Zero

Postby digregg » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:07 pm

:( My dad used to tell a joke about not knowing whether he was going up the stairs or coming down the stairs- it was his party piece and we all dutifully laughed every time he told it! Do you know i'm blowed if I can remember it now. I'll have to ask my mum!!
Di Gregg

Laugh and the whole world will laugh with you. Cry and the minniepauzers will send you hugs !!!
digregg
On Fire!

Postby Terri » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:20 am

I live in a very small apartment. 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and the other usual rooms. As I am walking down the hall to get dressed, my granddaughter (age 2) asks me for a drink. Instead of getting dressed, I end up in the bathroom. Granddaughter looks at me funny, and so I asked her what did she want.
Terri
Hot Pauzer

Postby digregg » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:40 am

:cry: I now have to write everything down in my diary so as not to forget what I have said I will do. I used to laugh at my Mum because she did lists for everything. Trouble with me is I forget to check the dam diary!!!
Di Gregg

digregg
On Fire!

Postby Swamprat » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:27 pm

Has anyone found anything that HELPS with the confusion and memory loss? :roll:
Swamprat

Postby februarygirl » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:20 pm

These posts made me laugh so much! Thank you! I feel very mentally challenged also. I do those same things. I will walk into a room and forget why I am there. I try to write everything down - but that does not help you when you dial your phone to make a call, it is ringing and you forget who you were calling.

Just keep smiling!
februarygirl
On Fire!

Postby purple haze » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:36 pm

My mom and I are both going through this. She's been writing things down for years! Its a topic we both understand and can laugh about together. I use to be able to: spell, do math in my head, remember dates/events, the name of the person/ animal I was annoyed with, etc. etc. the list is too long to remember. Edlyn
purple is my color,
a hippie mama to a hippie mama
granny nanny to 4
purple haze
One HOT Woman!

Postby Swamprat » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:14 am

The post about dialing the phone jogged my memory about something I did - I was on the cell phone in my car, talking to my best friend. I was getting out of the car to go into the store, and just FRANTIC because ... I couldn't find my cell phone ... :oops:
Swamprat

Postby Zero » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:59 am

There is the funniest story on http://www.minniepauz.com/minniemoments.html about the telephone!!
Zero

Postby purple haze » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:18 pm

Swamprat, that story made me laugh out loud.

These memory loses and hot flashes can be funny at times.
purple is my color,
a hippie mama to a hippie mama
granny nanny to 4
purple haze
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause