back ache/ sleeplessness

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

back ache/ sleeplessness

Postby fultime » Mon May 02, 2005 6:09 am

Hi
I wonder if anyone else has these symptoms and can advise me please?
I sleep for between 3 and 4 hours a night then wake up with the most awful deep ache in my middle section back (on a level with the ribs) I can't get comfortable after this and find it hard to sleep, just a few cat naps. I feel tired all the time obviously. When I get up and about it goes offa lot, although if I think about it the back ache is still there but to a lesser degree, it just seems to go off altogether during the day, but once the night comes its back again. I've tried changing my pillow, we also bought a new bed, at great expense, to no avail? I am beginning to wonder if this may be osteoporosis as I do smoke (I know, I Know) my Mum has osteoporosis and I am about to celebrate? my 51st birthday. I seem to spend half my life at the GP's nowadays though and she did accuse me once of being an 'anxious' woman as I have been going a few times since my peri menopause, mainly due to the heavy bleeding and anemia I have, but it makes me feel reluctant to go with this, although I did mention it to her last time I went and she more or less ignored me really. :(
fultime

Postby colopam » Mon May 02, 2005 8:25 am

Good Morning Fultime!

Has your Dr. checked for a kidney infection? I know that when I had mine or when I had my kidney stones I ached in that part of the body (kidney stones then developed into a lot of pain but I digress) , or has there been an opportunity for a bone scan? Please be sure to take your calcium supplement (w/D and magnesium) it's helped with my sleep but of course the bone aspect is very important (coupled with weightbearing exercise to aid in absorption) Good Luck!! Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause