estroven and progesta-care plus cream

This is the place to talk about it, whether you're peri or post! If you don't see a topic that suits you, just start a new one!

estroven and progesta-care plus cream

Postby februarygirl » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:18 pm

I am about to try to estroven and the progesta cream for hot flashes, night sweats, etc. Just wondering if anyone else has tried these products and do you think they work?

Thanks!

Nancy
februarygirl
On Fire!

Postby Zero » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:16 am

Hi Nancy... these products all have different results for different people so we'll be waiting to hear how they worked for you! Estroven has been around for awhile, gaining some popularity after the hrt study drove so many women to more natural remedies, but there's been no major clinical studies to find out how effective it is.

You might want to take a look at Femarelle, which seems to have had some studies with good results. You can read more about it here: http://www.minniepauz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100
I would suggest you follow the link there and read what's in product and then compare it with the ingredients in Estroven.

I'm trying to determine where the MOST women will get the most "bang for the buck" with all of these products, so some follow-up from you will be helpful, once you decide what to try.
Zero

Postby anonymous22 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:53 pm

Nancy,
Just thought I would add my two cents. If I were you I woud try the progesterone cream first and wait on the estroven. Most women tend to have enough estrogen and it's the lack of progeterone causing the majority of the symptoms. Adding progesterone cream the second half of the cycle will normalize things for most women without any estrogen or phytoestrogens needed.
I woud recommend for you Dr John Lee's book called "What your doctor may not tell you about pre menopause" Unless you are in menopause then there is a doctor specifically for you "What your doctor may not tell you about menopause"
If after that you are still having symptoms and want to try to add the estroven you can do so. I urge to first read up on the possible effects of using phytoestrogens.
anonymous22
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Menopause